Savage Flux Bevel Gear Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelles

Hello everyone,

I want to upgrade my flux bevel gears and would like to know what my options are.

I know that some people used to replace the stock bevel gears with the Hot bodies ones but that is discontinued, these were really cheap and strong.

I also know that there was a GPM hardened bevel gear but also discontinued. These were stronger than the hot bodies but really expensive.

Others say that they have used the Trophy bevel gears, these are instock but some say they are sintered which means they are weak.

so are there any options on the market right now?

Are you talking about the ring/pinion or the internal spider/sun gears inside the cup?

The toughest ring and pinion setup to date is the BP diffs. Those with the HPI aluminum cups at some 30K-50K oil in the diffs is a great combo for my X. The machined gears didn't hold up long, but the BP's have held up for many gallons running an LRP28.

I didn't realize there is a sintered BP gear set, comes in the X/XL v1 (#105551). That's just stupid... go machined if you go that route. Which the current flux comes with: http://hpiracing.world/en/parts/104240/std#product_group_9

Looks like the X SS kit comes with the old 43/13 gears and plastic cups. That's a bit ridiculous at this point in time. Pay more for the truck to get more stuff you don't want, or get the kit and also get stuff you don't want... I remember when a "kit" version was the best version offered.

Looks like the X SS kit comes with the old 43/13 gears and plastic cups. That's a bit ridiculous at this point in time. Pay more for the truck to get more stuff you don't want, or get the kit and also get stuff you don't want... I remember when a "kit" version was the best version offered.

Not true. While they did come with the 43T, they did not come with plastic diff cups. My X SS came with the aluminum cups.

Not true. While they did come with the 43T, they did not come with plastic diff cups. My X SS came with the aluminum cups.
I was looking at the parts list listed at hpi and I shouldn't have mentioned the cups, just the gears. The X SS kit is listed with the plastic cup and alloy cup. I'm guessing the brake hex comes with the cups, maybe that's why it's listed.

I tried posting about bevel gear upgrades, and found my old post which i never got to finish. So is there any upgrade for the savage flux spyder gears.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back