savage engine life ? F4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vios8820

:ercm2:

well i was wondering my engine are nicely tune no overheat.. also temperature is around 120-140.Celsius when hot... when normal driving it just 80celcius.. and it pop wheelies really very easy and very fast and smooth too..
if a nice tune engine and well maintained normally how many gallon it will last ?

A well looked after engine should last quite a bit longer than 2gal's.

The F4.6 is a decent engine, mine had around 4-5gal's on it when I sold it to another member on here, still running as strong as new. I cant see any reason why an F4.6 shouldn't last 8gal's at least.

My LRP .30 took nearly 2gal's before it was fully broken in and would allow me to tune for performance without the temps getting too high.

i agree Londoner.....they last waaaayy longer than 2 gallons. shoot my last F was at 3 gallons when i sold it and i thought it was losing power....so before i did sell it i replaced the exhaust gasket and coupler only to find they were cracked. when i fired it up and took it out again....she ran like a hit cat!!! i had already received the guys money so all i could do was let it go......*sigh*. i've seen as much as 9 gal in an F though.

+2, last year i bought F4.6 in an RTR savage on 5th gallons mark 3rd handed (i'm the 3rd buyer) for an irresistible offer, i manage to get another 2 gallon before it lost compression..

2 gallons seems extremely low for a 4.6...

I've run almost 2 through mine now, and I beat the life out of her. And she still can't keep the wheels on the ground.

I've got six on my k5.9 so far and still runs great. I'm not sure what I've got through the .15 in my touring car but it's seven years old and still runs and makes good power. Needs a carb though.

guess i was wrong! i just didnt have good luck with my 25 lost a con rod and sent it in to hpi and they said everything looks awesome inside and the con rod was just a weak batch they said! i guess they will last a while then!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back