Savage 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambo

Okay, here is my situation. I have a Savage 5.9. Have had it for 2 months. I went through all the correct break in procedures. Now my issue is this. It starts up good and idles really well. But when I give it gas it runs good but not balls out good and sometimes it wont shift into second or 3rd. I am thinking this might a high speed needle issue as in too rich. I need advice badly. I am planning on taking this to the beach tomorrow and I really want to go balls out.

If you aren't shifting, check your spur nut. It's probably loose - crank it down and back it out 1/4 turn.

seems like your taking care of but i wanted to take the time to welcome u to the forum.. if any more questions come up feel free to ask as were all happy to help!!!!! you should post a hello in the new members section so everyone gets a chance to say hello and welcome you to the forum!!!!

Welcome to the hpisfgreen lambo, and injoy your Savage 5.9!!

my buddy had one and it sucked my axail with 10 gallons annd a 2 speed insted of a 3 beat him down the road they suck ihe put a new p/s in it and then sold it

I have a O.S 30 with 5 tanks of nitro ran thru it just for break in. I may put it in one of my xl's just to see how well it performs.

30OS001JPG.jpg

30OS002JPG.jpg

30OS003JPG.jpg

i run lrps, the lrp is killer, it out performs the os. the lrp is one of the strongest stock mills u can get for the savy but once you get into modding that a whole different story.

I like what I'm hearing about the 28 LRP
Can someone provide a link to that mill ?
I'm going to pull the trigger on it .

I got mine from my LHS for $165 with no extra shipping cost, but I think you would normally pay more than that from a retail store. He gives me good deals cause he knows I'm in there all the time LOL. Anything in that price range is good though!

I got mine from my LHS for $165 with no extra shipping cost, but I think you would normally pay more than that from a retail store. He gives me good deals cause he knows I'm in there all the time LOL. Anything in that price range is good though!

thats good,my lhs had a smaller lrp for almost 300 bux but there fuel is cheap lol

not sure,i would think that teh 30 would have just alittle more torque than the 28 and teh 28 will have more top end/rpm.ive seen alot of people go from the stock 5.9 to teh 4.6(.28) when they but new motors.me,i would stick with the .28

Members online

Back