Savage 21 and 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you elaborate a little more on this? What maintenance are you referring to? Thank you

Alloy shoes have a tendency to wear at the leading edge a bit, every few runs I take mine down and remove the flashing that develops from use, a bit of filing the edges will keep the shoes from hanging up as they do wear.... sorry I don't have any pics of this, but you will know when you remove the bell the flashing will be pretty evident....

Alloy shoes have a tendency to wear at the leading edge a bit, every few runs I take mine down and remove the flashing that develops from use, a bit of filing the edges will keep the shoes from hanging up as they do wear.... sorry I don't have any pics of this, but you will know when you remove the bell the flashing will be pretty evident....

Good deal, thank you for explaining. I ordered the same set up as smiling pirate so it's good to know.

Glad you got it going. I miss my old savage .21. One of the best, longest lasting trucks I had. I sold it in 08. I missed it so much I just bought a 100 dollar basket case flux and rebuilt everything on it. I'm super excited to be back in the savage game

I've had a couple sets of the dynamite max lifes. They wear really well and don't get much of a burr on them. I rarely mess with them. I have a set in my 21Tm revo at the moment because I bought it used and it has MIP center axles so I can't move the trans forward to install an 1/8th clutch setup on it like my big block revo. I've got over a gallon on the set in there now and haven't had to debur them yet.

I ran a set of the 1/8th max lifes on my LST when I had it as well and I think I have a spare set for my savage X or big block revo in my parts box. For now, I'm just running HPI's XL alloy shoes in both of those rigs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back