Rubber shielded bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

This might be a tough question but I noticed on fx post on steering mods that the bearing are rubber shielded. Is there any more noticeble drag on your driveline components. I run metal shielding everywhere except on the engine for sealing purposes. Just curious...Thanks!:40:

I have always ran one side rubber and the other metal, have not knowest too much of a drag yet.

The bearing your referring to is a SMF bearing, it is rubber on one side and metal shielded on the other. I bought the kit and I have to say that I am impressing. It's is reduced drag when compared to stock bearings. You can literally feel it run smoother. When I let off the gas it rolls longer. If you are going for all out performance look into ceramic bearings. Other than that the SMF kit is cheap and a worthwhile upgrade.

Avid is a great bugit bearing. For those who want a better bearing than stock but don't want to break the bank.

For $89 bucks for a full set of ceramic nitride bearings from Acer

Taken from Acer:

The lightest, smoothest & hardest bearings available. Super Precision Ceramic Nitride Bearings using our diamond polished Ceramic Nitride Balls for the lowest friction, lowest heat buildup, freest movement & smoothest operations. These are the best!

The best modulus of longitudinal elasticity results in superior resistance to deformation under load. Hence the ball does not deform under load, which would lead to increased rolling resistance in the bearing.

Superior thermal properties of our ceramic bearings mean that friction producing heat does not build up at the interface. And these bearings will NOT shatter!

Our super lightweight ceramic balls dramatically decrease the centrifugal force placed by the balls on the rings. This, in addition to a 50% higher modulus of elasticity than conventional balls & bearings, and diamond polished smoothness of our balls produce a lower coefficient of friction at the ball-raceway interface, leading to over 33% less friction in the bearing as compared to conventional bearings, and far less wear, lasting an average of ten times longer than conventional bearings. Sealed with our exclusive no contact seals for the lowest friction and best dirt resistance. These are the best and most high tech seals available. NEW lightly oiled with our exclusive SIN synthetic oil in a special process that creates an ionic bond between the oil and the bearing parts for silky frictionless action.

RC cars are constantly breaking speed records. Where RC bearings in the past may have been adequate for RC cars of the past, newer RC cars are running faster and hotter, causing traditional bearings to fail. We have recently redesigned the inside of our bearings with new HSR cage technology which is specifically engineered for high speed high stress RC racing applications. In short, these bearings will allow you to out accelerate and smoke the competition.

I for one just installed a full set in my project truck.Waiting for my engine to get back from RB mod.

Latest posts

Members online

Back