Roto start problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well don't give up,were all here to help.Someone will post some help shortly I'm sure !! i don't know to much about why it would do that if you have replaced the one way already so I'm sure someone will be here to help shortly

And welcome to the forum!! your in the right place if your in need of help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, i can really help you man, The exact same thing happened to MINE. So, when you take the back plate off, there will be a hole in the rod at the bottom of the rod. In that rod you should find a small silver metal ball with two or one springs behind it. If you cant find the ball, don't worry it is in there! What usually happens is with the savage, it uses two springs in the rod then the metal ball. Usually those two springs mesh together and combine into one. Take it out and see whats going on there. There may be two springs in to one. If there is, seperate them, and reinstall them back in. REMEMBER longer spring goes first, then the short one, then the metal ball. This should fix your problem

Thanks ill give a try. I hope this fix it

yep it for sure will I'm sure. I was worried too, but i found out that the two springs meshed together. Also make sure that when you place the ball back in, make sure its sticking out a bit, because the back plate has a small hole in it that comes and grabs and holds on to the ball when you spin the roto start

here is a picture
20848sc003-med-1.jpg
Where the little arrow is pointing is where the metal silver ball and spring go into the rod

my engine is not like that one it says 30vg on the side and has a blue top.

ill take a picture today and post it.

my engine is not like that one it says 30vg on the side and has a blue top.

ill take a picture today and post it.

yep i know, but that picture is for refercence. Almost all of them look like that on the inside, with the hole in the rod and a silver metal ball with a spring or two

i didnt see any of what you told me but i fixed it. the bad part is that the engine broke somehow since the day before.

what i did was take a regular nut and drilled a hole on the nut and the shaft and then put a pin that worked really good.

I'm going to buy a new engine for my truck what should i buy a hpi 4.6 or 5.9? and will it fit on my savage?

thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back