Roto start 2 savage4.1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triplied

Roto zip works with plug out but will only turn a few times with plug in no fuel lines are hooked up at this point do I need to put pressure on it or not???

Yes take yhe motor out and remove the roto start back plate the bearing is behind it on theend of the crank shaft. Just like its called it should only grab on way when bearing is turned. If it slips both ways its either bad or my just need cleaned with brake clean and reassembled.

put some red grease inside that 1 way bearing, it will work much smoother after you do, don't go wild with it, just a bit smeared around inside with a toothpick outa do the job.....

Thanks it's been in someone's basement for 6 years and I just got it ($160) and put batteries in and new fuel it started and ran one tank of fuel it will catch enough to start but probably got lucky...

Took apart and found owb backwards it was sieved to shaft .. is crank solid from where the owb go to where clutch nut through the engine??

Took apart and found owb backwards it was sieved to shaft .. is crank solid from where the owb go to where clutch nut through the engine??

The crankshaft is one piece yes, it has the center bored out to allow fuel to get to through to the ports and is transferred into the cylinder in that way..... A couple of pics may help us see what you are referring to....

The part of ther shaft that the one way bearings slides onto has a channel cut into it to grab a pin when the engine is cranked. But when you spin the shaft where the one way bearing goes it'll spin but the crank wont.

So it's not broken?? I did get owb loosened up may need to get new owb any advice were to get one all shops around here are traxxas or have closed??

Latest posts

Members online

Back