Rockets (r/c model rockets) Who knows these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to have one but only used it once and thought it was pretty cool. the only thing i know about them is engine sizes becuase if i remember correctly after a certain size engine like after size c you need a license to use. i think the best part was building and you could really only lauch them in certain places

I did a few when I was a kid and loved them. They all got destroyed when the parachuts failed. (My own fault) Make sure you have a wide open area cause just a small breeze can mean landing a few hundred yards from where you launch.

yeah you can get a kit with everything needed for $30 or less.

don't wanna go to much more than that but it'd just be a fun thing for me & the boy to do. he loves science, r/c's, video games and learning how to do just about anything.

we got a huge open area up by where we bash. terrain is too rugged for rc but it is wide open from trees.

thanks for the input guys :resp:

Investment, worth it. Time spent building and then flying a ROCKET with the boy, Priceless!

Just make sure the fins are solid, if not get ready to run :lmao:

I say get the kit from towers. Like 20 bucks for launcher 2 rockets starter pack of motors. Your son will like it but be ready to walk a half mile if there's even the slightest of a breeze. My son has like 8 of um we take to family gatherings the kids love it. Get the ones with all one piece plastic fins. Pretty durable and accurate. Stay away from the micro ones they go up. Lose track of them way to easy kinds a one shot deal with the lil ones. Get biggest you can that uses a c-6 engine. And the engines the bigger the last number on it is. Is the delay in seconds before it pops the chute. Leaves a nice smoke trail to track it better. Gets it closser to ground a bit so don't have to walk so far to recover it. Any questions ask me. We use them a lot.

i used to make mine from sctrach (= paint them and all stuff the biggest motor i could the whole 9 yards lol used to do about 15 launches in 2 days

i used to make mine from sctrach (= paint them and all stuff the biggest motor i could the whole 9 yards lol used to do about 15 launches in 2 days
exactly my uncle cut the wings and all, I heard he wrapped several engines together some how and launched it with a 12' launch pad. i gotta take a pic so you guys can see this thing.
I will get on it just have to ind it in storage.

i always wanted to get a rocket like that and my dad wanted me to have one......but i never did because he worked so much (i guess that's where i get it from) , but frddy man...i am gonna try it with my son when he gets older! i hae seen those in years but always wanted one!!

I had done them when i was back in US. They where hella fun but be careful with the ones that don't take off as soon as you press launch they sometimes take off as you are approaching them. Happened to me twice but not that often

i always wanted to get a rocket like that and my dad wanted me to have one......but i never did because he worked so much (i guess that's where i get it from) , but frddy man...i am gonna try it with my son when he gets older! i hae seen those in years but always wanted one!!

Matt, bring your Dad along too. If he wanted to try it with you when you were a kid, its not too late. I bet he'd really enjoy doing it with you and young soulja.

Think imma ask my dad to come along when we launch....

I did back when I was 10-12 fred ...

Just the estes lil ones.

These are exactly the ones I'm looking at. you can buy the complete kit for under $30 and they sell the replacement motors for cheap in packs of 3 so this would be perfect for us.

I'm sure he's gonna want to tell you all about it.

exactly my uncle cut the wings and all, I heard he wrapped several engines together some how and launched it with a 12' launch pad. i gotta take a pic so you guys can see this thing.
I will get on it just have to ind it in storage.

Guy, id love to see your uncles work.

As always, i ask for help and all my hpisf brothers brothers come to my rescue..

Thanks everyone for posting and reading.

I say get the kit from towers. Like 20 bucks for launcher 2 rockets starter pack of motors. Your son will like it but be ready to walk a half mile if there's even the slightest of a breeze. My son has like 8 of um we take to family gatherings the kids love it. Get the ones with all one piece plastic fins. Pretty durable and accurate. Stay away from the micro ones they go up. Lose track of them way to easy kinds a one shot deal with the lil ones. Get biggest you can that uses a c-6 engine. And the engines the bigger the last number on it is. Is the delay in seconds before it pops the chute. Leaves a nice smoke trail to track it better. Gets it closser to ground a bit so don't have to walk so far to recover it. Any questions ask me. We use them a lot.

Ok, this sounds exactly like the application i want to use. Not professional level, just a little build, maybe a few stickers & launch.

thanks for hittin me with all this great info lyle you rock bro :jamout:

That's perfect Freddy. How can you go wrong for that price to surprise your not and see the expression on his face. Priceless. One more sujestion. Get a lawn chair. Launch it from there so your ready to keep your eyes on it they go so high your necks going to hurt lol. Have fun. Kid will be glowing.

Ohhh one more thing. Look at walmar for the motors. Cheapest place ice found them. Around 6 bones for 3. Some places ice seen 3 for around 12 bucks. Stupid high. And towers has a huge box of 24 you can get.and towers rockets are the cheapest to. Make a huge order get 60 bucks off. Its like getting the rocket stuff free when buying truck parts lol

i dug the rocket out, she is banged up but nothing some basa wood wont cure. and its more like 6-1/2'. a tennis ball can almost it where the engine goes. LOL

rocket001.jpg

rocket002.jpg

rocket003.jpg

rocket004.jpg

oh yea i was talking with my mom about the rocket, my uncle died in 1977. its her best guess he made the rocket some wherearround 1975 or 76

Holy cow that's a big one must run on size d engines. Have a 24 inch parachute?

i never got the parachute but it must have been big. what i hear is he taped seeral enines together somehow to launch it. he was clever mom is trying to find pics o the r/c hot air baloon he made.i guess he use to fly it around the house and land it on my grandma's head drivng her mad.

guy that is awesome, thanks for posting up.

was your unc a engineer or just a hobby-lover like us?

guy that is awesome, thanks for posting up.

was your unc a engineer or just a hobby-lover like us?
he was just like us, he worked a normal job at the local hospital and fire dept.
he loved anything that would fly and that was his hobby after work and on the weekends.
he was really into space and the whole star warz thing. you know early 60's - 70's

Latest posts

Members online

Back