Rims, great back ally find...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVT73

Waz up guys, thought I'd post some pic's of Ofna 3.8 rims new in pack and what I think are Losi 3.2 new not in pack rims. Payed $10 for them all! Love the Ofna's, package tag is from 1994 ah the good old days.
Anyway I'd like to make a request if allowed, @WoodiE, @Jam Racing 1, & @X ,Can we get a separate section in Parts for Rims & Tires?

IMG_0089.JPG

Last edited:
I think I'll put some big joe's on one set of Ofna's and not sure about the others. Anyone run those Ofna dish? I'm curious how they hold up.

Ok, so now I'm bummed out. The great/cheep rim buy is not turning out so good! Go figure that's why I got them for a song. Does anyone make a good tire for these rims or do I have to modify and rig something? Your help would be greatly appreciated, I've googled and ebayed, as well as looked on numerous manufactures web site and am coming up short. Pro line doesn't make mulchers and the like any more and Losi super bolt on are not available. Other than one old/new set of 4 for $119.00 clams on eBay!

any truck tire with a flat bead will fit those rims, are you sure of the size? an easy way is to use a caliper to measure the bead area to be positive...

many of Ofna's wheels came in both 3.2 and 3.8 sizes....

I went ahead and merged this thread with your other to make things a bit easier
Thanks, any words of wisdom for me? I think I read in the forum where the outer or inner ring is removed to allow these damn new fangle traxxas style bead to seat down? But, it's just a flap of rubber by the looks and not really a true bead. Then the 3.2's are all but obsolete by the looks of things. Can a Firelands Helion 2.98" or a 2.8 be stretched to fit? I may be off a little on the Helion tire dia. I know it's an oddball size either way.

any truck tire with a flat bead will fit those rims, are you sure of the size? an easy way is to use a caliper to measure the bead area to be positive...

I'll check when I get home, in Delaware at the moment.

Ok, I thought I had a good pic of the tag. The ofna's are their 3.7 LPR rims, 86109 .5 offset. and the yellow ones are Losi or proline 3.2-.5 offset. So I did some searching and I'm ok now. I was having issues with dicifering wheel measurements vs. rim measurements as it pertains to the order they are displayed in. Wheels- outside x inside, rims- outside x width. Also, 25.4 is the conversion for metric to inches(SAE).

So, a few questions:
- what does LPR stand for
- why is there so many inside diameter variations of tires? 83 mm, 86mm...etc. All would fit a 3.2 rim, some more difficult than others?
- what is a "maxx" size/style rim?

The world of RC rims and tires is a mess!!
Good places to check for tire/rims other than Duratrax & Pro-Line:
-Panther Tires & JConcepts
Panther has some sweet looking meats and good prices on their sale items!

IMG_0088.JPG

After some digging around at LHS's in PA & DE, I found these Dirt Bonz in Delaware looking all lonely so I went with them. They fit the 3.2 rim well. Can't wait to get them dirty! Now to find some tires for the Ofna 3.7 LPR's!

IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG

New update: Found some Old school/discontinued bead (?) Big Joes 40series #1103 at the same LHS that I got the OFNA LPR rims from. Payed $25.00 for all four tires still in original packaging, good deal!
IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG

Last edited:
More rims OFNA 3.2's, $5.00 a pack. Need a whole lot of rubber now! Thinking about Panther tires, anyone have any experience with that company?
IMG_0155.JPG IMG_0156.JPG

I love going to older shops... never know what may be waiting to be found :)
They have a new in box 1/8 buggy that is a real find, so I've been told by the LHS (Hobby Town) in Maryland/Delaware. It's a Team Trinity 1/8 nitro buggy. I'd like to buy it but I'm not sure what it's worth as well as if I can get parts. In the event I run it.

Team Trinity used to sell some really nice engines and alloy parts back in the day. Especially for the t-maxx. Seems all they have now is motors, esc's tires and some other misc stuff. I think they had engines... was a decade ago.

Team Trinity used to sell some really nice engines and alloy parts back in the day. Especially for the t-maxx. Seems all they have now is motors, esc's tires and some other misc stuff. I think they had engines... was a decade ago.
That makes sense because the buggy I'm talking about is all decked out in machined alloy parts. The shock caps caught my eye in that they are machined as well and the screw hole where they attach to the tower is offset. The buggy is/was originally listed at $400.00 but the LHS said I could have it for $150.00. As with kits, it has no engine or electronics so, I won't be able to test out the trinity engine. I can't find any on eBay, maybe it will be/is a collectors item if not many were made? Didn't Mayfield race for a team Trinity back in the day?

Dug into the Team Trinity engines, according to the internet search;they were made by Star Engines aka Sirio aka Orion aka Werks and some others. Anyway Star is the manufacture I guess?

I want to say there was a trinity .18 that would drop into a t-maxx at the time... maybe it was Sirio... or Epic... I ran an orion .18 in my sport max for a while. Was a side exhaust, slide carb engine:
DSC08802.jpg

Yeah, this was the Trinity I was remembering:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-t...competition-engine-turbo-plug-tri40060/p25459
tri40060_2.jpg

It was Sirio based I believe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back