Revving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippy

Wheen ever i accelerate my savage .25 it revs to high and doesn't go fast enough for what it should go at that revving speed

lol. Ok that's what your here for bud. baco on-topic. On the spur gear and if you don't know what that is it's the gear on the transmission that is visible with the body off and it is in line with the clutch bell on the end of the motor. On the spur gear it should have a little spring and a nut. Tighten the nut all the way and back off 1/4 of a turn. Hope this helps

Okay I took it out to see if it was still doing that or not and now the rear wheels aren't turning. I think this was happening yesterday as well and I just didn't notice it. I'm gonna go tighten the slipper down in a few minutes. Also what type of glue should I use for my tires I need to reglue them.

they make special glue you can get, but i just use super glue...

also, if it's your slipper, it would be all your wheels not turning, not just the rear ones...that sounds more like your rear dogbone is missing, or a drive cup/diff problem...

btw u might have melted the inside of the spur gear because it sliped so much might want to check that take that nut off (with the spring on it)
and take a peak at it there should be a slipper pad stuck on the back of it (if its not melted away if its melted your have to replace it (so then the engine come out) and the fun starts over..

dang now i have to either pull the engine or the transmission which one is easier?

dang now i have to either pull the engine or the transmission which one is easier?
THE ENGINE is alot eaiser 4 bolts and the linkage cup on the throttle slide and take the pipe off the hanger u might be able to check to c if its melted by gust unscrewing that nut on the spur gear with out taking the engine out (mabey not) if u do take the engine out make sure when it goes back in the gear mesh is right on the clutch bell (the tooth looking thing on the engine) The way i do this id by feel and sound. Ill explain
for u it might be eaiser to take the fule tank off, u don't have to but u can c better, set the engine down on the purple plate and line the screw holes back up. Put the screws back in don't tighten the all the way make sure u can move the engine back and foth, once u done that, sit the engine were u want it NOT TO CLOSE OR FAR AWAY from the spur gear u can hold the engine down and move the truck back so the clutch bell and spur gear turn THEY SOULD MAKE A NICE SOUND you will no if it sounds to tight (it wont spin freely) also make sure its not to far away hold the sput gear with one hand and reach around and finger the clutch bell (he he) the should be just a little pay there

once you got the gear mesh were u want it hold the engine tightly down and turn the truck on its side and tighten the motor mount bolts this is the tricky part make sure it didn't move on you

anymore questions let us know

Thank god I didn't have to pull anything I got to the spur gear without it. The spur gear is not melted and I got it tightened down.I also located the problem wheel which does not turn as well as the others. Also the little square thing behind the wheel is loose and falls off whenever I turn it upside down which none of the others do. I also am gonna reglue my wheels with some epoxy or at least the nes that are loose.

Well what i do is i take the top of the transmission off because then you don't have to fiddle with the gear mesh betwene the spur gear (the big plastic gear that ur having trouble with) and the clutch bell ( the gear that is attached to engine. What i do is i take the front part of the rollbar off and bend it back a little then take the one screw off the pipe and bend it slightly so that you can get the rollcage off.
I just noticed that i am using the savage x and you are using the .25 oops lol but you should be able to take it apart a simalar way.

Okay the part number is 8606 for the one that is loose that should not be. And also right under it is Z260 which is also loose.

Okay the part number is 8606 for the one that is loose that should not be. And also right under it is Z260 which is also loose.
ok thats the hex hub and the pin I think the pin is the only thing that hold the hub on it shhould just fall off the pin so thats not your problem did u check to c if the wheel hub isn't striped out the on the wheel itself

do you know were your tire is well its the rim were that hex hub fits into the rim make sure the rim isn't striped out were the hex hub fits into btw allways make sure u lock the hex hub into the rim (its like a puzzle piece) make sure it fits nice ok keep us posted

Okay, I figured it out. When my freind put it together for me he couldn't find the metric allan wrneches so he could not get part # 86094 tightened all the way. So it came out while driving it causing the rear wheels not to spin. I'm sure glad I have more. One question is are there supposed to be a bunch of brass shavings on the transmission?

That might be from the brass spacer on the clutch bell they where out quick I now use like 3 washers the same size (keep an eye on it ) or if u have dule disk brakes it could be from that to ok keep us posted if u do put washers on make sure u don't have it to tight keep a little play there

Okay I got the truck fixed and running and was out driving it and then I melted a spur gear. how dumb! I also need some parts for my reverse module and then I'l be set.

Sounds like me. Always neeing parts. Every time I turn around it's $5 here $20 their and $10 over here, lol. I enjoy the hobby though. Man I am glad I cut grass with the help of my dad over the summer. lol

If u have the stock .25 mill I have one I can GIVE u pm me with the address and ill send it the next day no joke for free no bs on charge no shipping no nothing from me 2 u thats all call me a nice guy and ill be happy besides I have 2 of them!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back