Reverse Module For Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6 DADDY

Hi i am getitng a savage x off the wife for christmas i am thinking of fitting a reverse module as one of my first mod's but the transmitter is only 2 channel what does everyone think is the best route to use either a new tranny and reciever (3 channel ) or a module and mixer to use with existing tranny any ideas appreciated
or does anyone think its not worth the time and expense
thanks again
chris:confiused:

The only complaint I have heard about the HPI reverse mixer so far, is the servo bounced back and forth from foward to reverse, but HPI took care of that and determined it was a bad mixer. That and having to hold it in the brake position for so long before it will shift. I don't care to run the reverse in my trucks, I had it in a few and it was more issues that I wanted to deal with. The mixer route would most likely be cheaper than a new radio setup, but in upgrading to a nicer radio will give you more adjustability options. Either way you decide get the Savage X mixer and reverse, or just the reverse module and a 3 channel RX/TX, you should have fun with the truck. :)

Yea reverse would be nice but thats just athother reason for something to go wrong I don't know why the new savages don't have more channles like my older one thats stupid anyone know why????? besides to make more money ..... any way chris the first hop up I would buy would be the 3 speed then mabey a pipe I really don't know about the x because I don't have one so yea I want the savage xss

i was thinkin of a 3 speed transmission and exhaust
what about alloy a arms e.t.c i have been told the x's have stonger arms and and suspension parts
what is your thinking i have a savage 4.1 RTR x
thanks
chris

first thing I would do to any new Savage, is buy a rechargable hump pack...

thanks i was just lookin at them but its a nightmare with mah and who knows what else which would you recommend and will it fit straight into my model i don't want to start cutting bits up or ewt like that
thanks
chris

If I was u I would hold off on the aloy a arms I still have the stock ones and I have only broke one of hem so far in a year (I DO DRIVE THE TRUCK HARD) don't get me wrong... But get the feel of your truck first it will be different then the electric.....

hi thanks for the advice i think i will they look like they can take a bit of a bashing not like my electric car it snapped the suspension arms at the sight of a jump lol:chainkiller:

I agree with k0m0d067 get a 1100-1600 mah battery, battery charger if you need one and a on/off switch with a charge lead (nothing to hack all drops in). As for the other upgrades, 3-speed, and pipe good first upgrades to do. I would stay away from alloy arms aswell, I have spent some money on them only for them to cost way to much to fix the truck after 1 bad landing. Alloy bends and doesnt flex like the stock plastic/nylon does and ends up costing more when they bend and break other parts of the truck (eg. hinge pins, bulkheads)

thanks sounds like good advice to me thats wat i will be getting first i think
:DJjam:

i just bought a savage x, it is my first model and I am loving it. I would have to agree with runoverbysavage, the 3 speed is a great idea. I installed the 3 speed one tank of fuel after break in. The hump pack is another good investment if you don't want to have to tear everything apart every few tanks to get to the reciever batteries. I did that the first time and after having to remove the rollcage I bought the hump pack so i could just plug it in. don't forget the pack indicators so you know when a charge is needed.

Alloy bends and doesnt flex like the stock plastic/nylon does and ends up costing more when they bend and break other parts of the truck (eg. hinge pins, bulkheads)

ummmm...I broke my bulk running the plastic arms...LOL:eyecrazy:

ummmm...I broke my bulk running the plastic arms...LOL:eyecrazy:

I have too, but it happened quicker and with more damage when I used the alloy. The one that changed my mind when I had with alloy arms installed, included all this damage...ended up bending 3 hinge pins , broke the bulkhead, ripped the screw out of the diff housing and broke the diff housing, snapped both lower braces, and of coarse the lower arm bent while the upper broke.:bang: all in the matter of 15 minutes.
My lesson was learned, and no I wasnt even bashing hard unless a 3-4 foot air is hard.?. So now if I run the alloy arms it is for street only and the truck lowered so it doesnt flip.

yeah i think i will stick to the stock plastic for now especially as i need to get the hang of the thing anyhow even if alloy was better plastic is certainley cheaper so i might buy a couple to have as spares cant be a bad idea don't spose
:10:
thanks for your advice i am sure it will save me time and money i only really wanted alloy because they look cool

You should use the module with the mixer, I have a both savage SS and savage X SS, the X SS has the module w/ the 3 channel radio, and I already blew the gear in the module because I shifted it from forward to reverse to quickly. thats the only problem w/ that setup, But my SS has a two channel radio w/ the mixer and you have to stop it before you shift from forward to reverse.

gave my reverse module to hpi25. more rotating mass and more things to go wrong. so in the long run it will slow you down.

i have installed the mixer and servo in my ss46, and am awaiting mew cemtre cvd's and disk hum so i can actually install the module into the beasty. i have it for convenience, the same as a rotostart, i am a lazy bastard, saved me walking to my truck when i hit something, i can reverse away. def go for a decent hump pack, 3 speed and take your time to upgrade. :motorcycle:

thanks for that anyone had any trouble with trannys or recievers i got my savage x today but all the controls work backwards i.e. left is right forward is reverse. The reverse switches on the transmitter have no effect
gutted help:bang:
:nutshot:

got my sav y x todayanyone had any trouble with trannys or recievers i got my savage x today but all the controls work backwards i.e. left is right forward is reverse. The reverse switches on the transmitter have no effect
gutted help
Tried to help in your other post please look there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i see i got a 360 last year when they came out i plat bf3 modern combat ghosr recon a/w rainbow six vegas and gears of war to name a few its awsome online xbox live:shtgn:

Latest posts

Members online

Back