Reverse Module For Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didnt know there was such a thing how are they driven forced induction on a 2 stroke i aint never seen any pics or links i would like to see that
:chainkiller:

hey that looks pretty trick not as much money as i thought thay would be either

thats crazt its a shame the camera is on car all the time though hard to judge exactly how quick it is although it looked awsome only heard 2 gears though imagine with a 3 speed

i find it difficalt to believe they do nothing, as the company selling them claims they offer a performance increase. and surely even at low psi boost, it's got to be better than 14.7 psi atmospheric pressure...?

thats what i would have thought if you can compress the air being taken into the engine there must be a increase in performance for sure!!!!
:nutshot:

def on full scale cars, yes you have to richen the mixture, but the renault 5 turbo was/is (?) a carb'd engine, running forced induction. 1/4 to 1/8 richer on the hsn would be fine, i imagine. might have to purchase one and find out...once the credit card's payed off after xmas!!!!
:DJjam:

what you mean they don't do ewt how can that be ?????

The concept works well on 1:1 cars because of the valves in the engine, these little nitro engines have no valves. Little boost would actually be seen on these valveless engines, the timing between the intake and exhaust port are to close. So most of the added boost actually gets blown though the engine. Here is the quote from megabyteme

had the SC on a surefire.32 works OK the performance gain isn't that dramatic. there is some but not enough to warrant the cost. 1/8 off the HS and that was it. starts were quick and came to temp quick. took care of half tank lean that my x had.

yeah thats what i meant. performance increase is going to be very slight. and for the money a better enigne would be a better purchase

wankel engines love forced induction... the thing i forgot, when i was studying, i never looked @ strokers. 4 stroke with valves or rotors or whatever like the added air/fuel for combustion-in a spark ignition engine. on a stroker, with a glow plug, it would work different. now i have actually thought about it, it would give more power, but not a great deal. in response to nitro's having no valves, obviously not, but does the intake port not open and close, so still having a 'pulse' i really never studied these engines when i was at uni/college, was always on a 1:1 scale, so not sure. :eyecrazy:

[hs] darkshine;12133 said:
in response to nitro's having no valves, obviously not, but does the intake port not open and close, so still having a 'pulse' i really never studied these engines when i was at uni/college, was always on a 1:1 scale, so not sure. :eyecrazy:

Yes it does open and close but the exhaust is opening and closing at almost the same time thats why the added boost get blown through the engine. It would be a different case if these engines were designed like a Detriot 2 stoke diesel engine.

[hs] darkshine;12135 said:
they're a fun engine to work on...:bang:

I have done a lot of the 6v92, inline 71 series and 149 series along with the old school cummins 855's and a few 903's which are interesting to work on. That was many moons ago, now its all computer controlled and sensors up the wazoo.:shocked: Real fun

i am an auto electrician i wish it was as simple as pluggin diag tool in and it telling you the fault it just doesnt work like that most of the time sometimes its no use at all sometimes it sends you in the wrong direction !!!!!!
:nutshot: :nutshot:

i studied motor vehicle engineering for 4 years. i know it' not that simple, but at least (most of the time) it helps. with modern cars, especially cam-bus interfaces (i fit audio and m/media a bit now) it's a big computor, nothing is really mechanical..

yeah i got the job of tryin to fix problems when multiplex network develops a fault you will know how critical the wiring is on a mux network and they stick it in a car they need their heads looking at
:shocked:

just like to throw my bit in, these SCs are just for bling value
the only real increase will be on fuel consumption as any boost pressure will go out the exhaust port with unburnt fuel. they can give a minor performance increase only by expeling all burnt gas oil and fuel for the next combustion. beter performance would come from a well matched performance tuned pipe (back pressure waves etc)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back