Rear mounted fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Found this. seems like a different idea

what do you think ...

NOTE.. click small pic to enlarge

Tank link

would that second one lift the tank up high enough to cure half tank lean? I'm definitely a fan of JT's midtanks. I'll copy one, one day.

has anyone tried this for half tank lean, just curious to see if it really works. If so, it would be a great alternative for the mid tank conversion

ya i have the side mounted new era models tank conversion but the one that is mounted on the back is the exact same tank but just mounted different and i think the tanks made way better then the stock one other then u loose a couple minutes run time thats all!

p.s..... new era models is great to deal with as i've bought a few things from them!

I've Read Quite A Few Times That It Does Help The "half Tank Lean" Issue But Others Will Say Its Impossible!! I haven't Ran My Truck Since I Put The New Tank And Fuel Lines On But As Soon As I Do I Let Ya Know If It Helped Cuz My Truck Liked To "act Up" After A Half Tank Or So!!!! ALL I KNOW IS I LOVE THE WAY ITS MOUNTED NOW, LOOKS SHARP AND U CAN TELL RIGHT AWAY ITS A BETTER QUALITY TANK!!!! THE BOTTOM IS SLANTED TOWARDS THE STONE FILTER AND THE FUEL "NIPPLE" COMES OUT THE BACK OF THE TANK NOT STRAIGHT UP AS THE HPI 160cc TANK DOES( don't KNOW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I LIKE IT BETTER) AND IT COMES WITH BOTH BRASS NIPPLES

Last edited by a moderator:
Were Still Looking For My Wifes Darn Cord So I Can Hook The Cam Up To The Pc To Post Some Pics Of My Truck! Maybe Will Have To Buy Another Cord, Who Knows? Lol Anyway Will Post Picas A.s.a.p.

Well As I Mentioned Earlier I haven't Had Time Or The Money For Fuel To Run My Truck Since I Installed The New Era Fuel Tank But Will Be Getting Fuel Soon So I Will Post My "review" Of The Tank When I Get Some Time On It!! THANKS FOR THE LINK DOOB!

I allways fill my tank half full,then tune it. never had any issues with the half tank lean. Plus my .30 is a fuel hog. But it looks like a nice little tank set up.
If anything I would rather have a bigger tank. does look like it would be great for a second tank set up, that would even out the pressure and get ride of the half tank lean.

i bought it more for the way it mounts actually!! it has its own mounting bracket as apposed to the tank sitting on the chassis plate!!and it looks stock actually and i don't think my run time is going to be affected all that much but who knows? were only actually talking like 35cc difference then the stock 160cc tank I'm thinking maybe 5 minutes or so difference! for bashing thats ok with me!!! my truck lasted about 20 minutes or so on a tank before with the 160cc tank so we will see i guess!

Savageshaun: Well As I Mentioned Earlier I haven't Had Time Or The Money For Fuel To Run My Truck Since I Installed The New Era Fuel Tank But Will Be Getting Fuel Soon So I Will Post My "review" Of The Tank When I Get Some Time On It!! THANKS FOR THE LINK DOOB!

No prob, shaun,.. It's one of my favorite threads on the forum.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2723&page=4

It illustrates how the half tank lean debate has an endless conclusion.
But in this thread,... A conclusion was attempted.lol

The Ofna Tank Just Looks "nicer" Then The Stock One And Since Its On The Outside Of The Chassis Plate It Opened Up Around The Engine But It Still Is Fillable With The Body On If U Trim A Bit Extra Out Of The Back Above The Tank Dang I Wished I Had That Darn Cord Lol My Trucks Nothing Special Yet Really, But It Will Be Nice To Post Pics Lol

I am running the ofna tank mounted in the same position as the stock Savage tank and I love it before the first half of the tank was useless cause it would run so rich eventually heating up and running lean by half tank. It looks like a much better quality tank then the stock tank. I don't think I will ever go back to the stock tank. Run times are affected but not too much they are shorter but with the stock tank the extra runtime was overly rich at full tank so it was useless time anyway!! If you guys really want to see pics I can snap some and post let me know!!

Wow RLM Thanks For The Review Of The Tank And Ya I Agree U Can Notice Right Away That It's A Better Quality Tank, Just haven't Ran My Truck Yet Since Installing It Lol

Did u have to shave the tank a bit and fiddle with the mounts to install it!! Mine sits pretty close to the rear shock but doesnt touch it I also cut my body just a bit so I can refuel with the body on!!

no i didnt have to shave it or anything but i noticed the throttle linkage rubbed a bit on the tank so i just "pushed" the tank over to bend the support "slightly" but is still straight, so it wasnt right up against the linkage and yes it its pretty close to the shock too but mine isnt touching either lol

I like the way that the tank looks but what is going to happen when you take a hard landing on the rear of the truck? look to me like its gonna bust the tank. Also i would think that the tank that far back is gonna make the truck heavy in the rear and light in the front . To me that sounds bad when you go to jump it. Just my two cents on it. But it is a good looking set up..

i don't have the one that puts the tank in the rear of your truck i have the side mounted one! its in pretty much the same spot as the stock other then it sits on the outside of the chassis in its own bracket as apposed to the chassis plate! and still is covered by the body with room, all i did was trim the back out a bit right above the tank so filling it up is easy even with the body on!

i don't have the one that puts the tank in the rear of your truck i have the side mounted one! its in pretty much the same spot as the stock other then it sits on the outside of the chassis in its own bracket as apposed to the chassis plate! and still is covered by the body with room, all i did was trim the back out a bit right above the tank so filling it up is easy even with the body on!

i was not talking about your truck i was talking about the orignal post made in this thread!!!!

Ooooooooooh Ok Lmao!!!!!!! I Almost Bought That Tank Setup But I Was Afraid About Exactly What U Said, Pulling A Wheelie Or Doing A Jump And Landing On The Back And Smashing The Tank! BUT MAYBE THE TANK ON THE BACK WOULD MAKE IT WHEELIE EVEN BETTER LOL

Ooooooooooh Ok Lmao!!!!!!! I Almost Bought That Tank Setup But I Was Afraid About Exactly What U Said, Pulling A Wheelie Or Doing A Jump And Landing On The Back And Smashing The Tank! BUT MAYBE THE TANK ON THE BACK WOULD MAKE IT WHEELIE EVEN BETTER LOL

Yea A rear mounted tank would not last on one of my trucks, I'd bash the crap out of it in a hurry I had to go to alum tanks bcause I got tired of replacing the plastic tanks but I don't think an alum one would work for me if it was rear mounted I bash the rear of my truck way to much. Maybe I just need to learn how to Drive?

has anyone tried this for half tank lean, just curious to see if it really works. If so, it would be a great alternative for the mid tank conversion

Yep and it works good, a few less minutes run time though. But it is a quick fix vs the mid tank mod. I used the ofna tank 125cc.

THATS GOOD TO KNOW AS THE NEW ERA TANK SETUP IS JUST THE OFNA 125cc TANK WITH ALUMINUM MOUNTING BRACKET!! I'm GLAD TO KEEP HEARING THAT THERE A GOOD TANK AS THATS WHATS ON MINE BUT I haven't RAN MY TRUCK YET!

Ha Ha!!! I've Got Fuel Ordered But Takes A While To Get Here!! I'm Anxious To Get It Ripping Around Again Lol

I'm IN ONTARIO BUT "UP NORTH" THE NEAREST HOBBY SHOP IS A HOUR AND A HALF AWAY WHICH ISNT THAT BAD I GUESS BUT CARRYING JUGS OF FUEL ON A HONDA CBR 600rr IS A BIT SUICIDAL SO I JUST ORDER IT PLUS WERE I ORDER FROM HAS THE BRAND I LIKE!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back