rear diff bearings destruction!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobashin

I take my xl out, bash it for a while. Usually in 5 r 6 tanks the rear diff bearings are mangled! happened last couple times ive bashed. The diff is ok. Tried shimming,didnt save the bearings. Do I need to up grade bearings or is there a way to keep the dirt out. Stock bearings in now. Please let me know what bearings to get if thats what I need. Will getting the bp diff solve this problem. thanks

Sounds like the bulkhead might be gouged out where the beerings sit. Should fit nice n snug. If there's any play in it. It will eat the beerings up. The bp diffs won't help on the beereings. Just chek the bulk heads and shim them. Replace if they are wore out. Hope this helps. Good luck.

The bp diffs help as you replace the 10x16 bearing with a 8x16 bearing that holds up better but the cup side still uses the 10x16 bearing. There are a few diff cups from other trucks that you can use that will take the 8x16.

I have gone though a few diffrent bearings and have changed to alum bulkheads and ceramic bearings w/Teflon sheilds on both sides. It is working so far but the bearings weren't cheep.

Bank had some fix in the works to use the bigger bearing (from the BP diffs) on both sides, but I have yet to see a thread on it.

The crt diff cup uses the 8x16 bearings, and is a direct fit in the savage.

You can buy the alu cups from InnovativeRC. I would suggest you buy them in his ebay store. Items bought from Rob's ebay store is shipped out way faster than from his regular online store.

You can find them here.

Well, sounds like I have some options. Thanks for all the help keep it comin. Hopfully I can get these bearings set so I don't have to replace every time i run.Thanxs again!

Latest posts

Members online

Back