Radio trouble please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upbasher

Ok so I bough a brand new savox sc-0251 metal gear 222 0z in servo to go with my new hpi tf 20u radio system.
So I am using a 6v NiMH reciever pack 1200mah. I plug everything in, radio seems to work fine.
The throttle servo is a hpi sf-20 waterproof. So when the front tires are off the ground the wheels turn really fast and nice, no glitching.
But whenever I put the truck down on the ground, the steering glitches and the throttle servo moves unpredictably when I try to steer.
Again, when I take the truck off the ground it stops and works fine.
What could possibly be causing this? Weak or worn out receiver battery?
Please help, thanks

best thing to do is eliminate things one by one till ya find what is wrong. sounds like your steering servo is bad to me. got another one? if so try that, also check all the connections on the receiver....

Oh no....it is a brand new savox servo. I just bought it.
Could it be the receiver battery can't pump enough juice to the steering servo?

Well since it is a high torque digital servo it may be pulling more amps so it is possible the pack ya have is not holding up, I found a 1600 mah pack to supply a lil more for high demands situations. I got a Tenergy one online for 12 bux so is a cheep upgrade

I'm going to say it has to do with the receiver not being able to supply the current from the battery to the servo. You can try a 3 dollar fix that us Baja owners do to all of our steering servos. Get a y splitter with 2 female ends and one male end. Plug the male end of the y splitter into the receiver then plug the servo and the switch into the other endsof the y splitter. Now you have direct power to the steering servo. Also check your switch as it may not be able to transfer the power .

Thanks mick I will try that. I just happened to have one of those splitters left over from a revo I parted out.
Actually though I'm not using a switch, I was just plugging the battery into the reciever.

i had this problem your getting electric interfearence what i did was remove the reciver from the box were it sits as fair away from everything and see if it does it again if it don't then before you put the reciver back rape it in electircal tape i run dx3c with a spektrum reciver and like i ssaid i had this problem but doing this ie rape the tape around it i never had a problem

hope this helps

keep us up dated

Members online

Back