Radio Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I seem to have a communication problem between the truck and transmitter. Here's the steps leading up to the problem:

-I have a stock Savage X 4.6, with a Venom Racing Fail Safe
-tried changing crystals so I could run with a buddy, crystals didn't work so I put the stock ones back in
-turned transmitter on, then the truck, checked the servo's to make sure they worked
-started the truck
-drove around a few laps to warm the truck and had intermitent throttle control
-truck flipped and stalled
-fired it back up and the front tires started twitching and I had intermitent throttle control
-truck stalled again, changed truck batteries and re-started with the same problem
-tried changing transmitter batteries and started the truck again and I had intermitent throttle control again and the tires were twitching again
-got pissed off and brought the truck back inside to go on the computer to look for help

Please Help!!! A little new to the RC thing and don't have much of an idea when it comes to the electronic end of the truck.

Check all connections at the receiver, make sure you haven't pinched any wires. Make sure batteries are in good shape and new. I've heard of a brand new savage x having a bad receiver, it found its way on to a busy street in front of the LHS. Someone help on this but I think the crystals must be placed in the right place. Meaning there's a crystal for the rx and tx. I'm not familiar with the failsafe, I've never run one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

It probably has to do with removing the crystals, first thing I would look for is bent pins, pull out the crystals and make sure there are 2 pins and they arent bent.

I am not sure on AM band, but on 27mhz FM band there are 2 different crystals, one is a higher frequency than the other, it is easy to test, just swap the crystals and see if t works better. I am not sure about the failsafe I have never used them but I would check all the connections to it.

Also check the antena wire is no tuching any metal. check that the battery power wires to make sure they are not running acrost the reciver wires, or servo wires. as this will cas gliticing 2.
hope ya get it fixed

Didn't even think about crossed wires, make sure you route the wires in a clean fashion. Spagetti's only go with sauce on it! Nice catch Mondragon.

Hey thanks for the help, I did try yanking out the Fail Safe and now everything seems to work fine. I'm thinking the the Fail Safe s**t the bed, will have to take it back for a replacement as I feel as it's cheap insurance to protect the truck.

well in a way its the failsafe and in another way its not.........first well failsafes don't like most stock (cheap) am radios because of the poor signal quality and second as in my experience they are not to fond of AA batteries,a decent hump pack will help(i run a venom failsafe and a venom hump pack)

Latest posts

Members online

Back