Radio Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJC

Just wondering if the Savage X SS Kit came with a build in charging jack? In other words do I have to take off the cover each time I want to charge my battery or is there a built in jack for this.

Sorry but I was lookin around and noticed all of the battery options for my savage. Don't have any idea of which one to get. So many to choose from.

I had a spare RX switch with the charge lead and fitted that, just go to your LHS and get one. As to the battery, I fitted a 1600 sized battery, not sure how long/tank's it'll last, not had the truck long.

thanks I think I have a switch that will work.

The cover will accept the charge lead. Like you and other said you will have to get the switch with the extra lead on it. The truck or kit should have come with some little extra parts attached to a tree that screw to the lid. You will more than likely have to come up with your own screws for attaching it. I'm not exactly sure why HPI didn't include this into the manual as its a very nice set up. Anyhow here's some photo's.
batbox001.jpg

batbox003.jpg

SORRY ABOUT THE TRAXXAS SERVO IT WAS A FILL IN!

The cover will accept the charge lead. Like you and other said you will have to get the switch with the extra lead on it. The truck or kit should have come with some little extra parts attached to a tree that screw to the lid. You will more than likely have to come up with your own screws for attaching it. I'm not exactly sure why HPI didn't include this into the manual as its a very nice set up. Anyhow here's some photo's.
batbox001.jpg

batbox003.jpg

SORRY ABOUT THE TRAXXAS SERVO IT WAS A FILL IN!

Didn't even take notice of the servo untile you said something. LoL

Latest posts

Members online

Back