question about spaz stix paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
I'm getting ready to paint my new shell (only after having it for over 2 weeks). I'm gonna be using the spaz stix mirror chrome paint on certain areas. I was wondering if anybody knew what I need to use to back it up with? I found a directions page on the spaz stix website awhile back, but now that I need it, I can't find it. If anybody can help me out with this, that would be great.

ive never backed the chrome with anything and ive painted 5 bodies with it never had anything bleed threw. Ive used all dark colors around the chrome too if you want some pics i can take some. The chrome is a very thick paint and when it comes out of the can there is alot of over spray more than the other cans. But if you like i guess you could back it with a light grey or white if you want. Make sure that your body is completely clean before you paint other wise it will show when you do the chrome.

They say to back the chrome with thier black. I have never had good luck with the chrome myself but I think I've figured out my problem. Good Luck.

Yeah. Air brushing is the way to go if you can, IMO.
But the canned chrome paints have gotten better.

Yeah I know doob. But right now I currently don't have the money or space to try my hand at airbrushing. Maybe in a few years though.

finally finished the body a couple weeks ago. Here are the pics minus stickers/decals. I'll post more with the decals/stickers.
100_0497.jpg

100_0498.jpg

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

Now, here are some close ups.
100_0507.jpg

100_0506.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0508.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

Hope everybody likes the paint work. I was hoping for a little better turn out, but, the more I paint the better I'll get.

Thanks for the kind words. The only thing I don't like is lines around the chrome. I just wish I could have gotten them a little cleaner looking. Also, a couple spots are hazy in the holographic dots and in some chrome areas.

that paint looks good,i just did a shell with there color changing paint,don't know how to post pics or i would.nice job i like

Very nice xtreme. That looks sweet. now go bash it to peices so you can do more.lol

Thanks for the compliment sami. I don't wanna do that cuz it took to long to paint. I wanna take care of this one for a little bit or try and save it for the Dennis Anderson event. Gonna try and make it to the event. Also, I might enter one or two of the events.

Yea, bud....
Good job with the paint details. Masking all that off can be pretty tedeious work.
Well done.

Yeah it was. Also a little pain in the butt. But, I made it a little bit easier on me by using liquid mask instead of tape. Now, I just have to get a airbrush setup and try my hand at painting that way. Know of any how-to books or dvds to help on the learning curve?

Yeah, I especially like how it didn't turn out with the mirror effect from the mirror chrome paint. It's looks more like a real tool box back there.

Nice paint job!! here's mine SpazStick Chrome, Blacj backing is almost a must
Brings the chrome out.

Nice paint job. Let me guess, you used an airbrush? I'll be goin that route one of these days.
Yup yup! used an airbrush. I like yours also, I'm a Chevy man, but I like that Ford, and I've done a couple of these Ford GT bodies!
So why not yours looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can't wait to do another body myself. But, it's gonna be awhile. I've also already got the one I want picked out. I'm a chevy man myself also, but my wife was the one who paid for it, so she got to make the final decision. Also, one of the main reasons we decided on the Ford F650 was because the tool box kinda matched my TVP's that I made.

Latest posts

Members online

Back