Protek servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav

Guys I grabbed these on my last amain order PTK100T and PTK100SS amains home brand for a buggy rebuild and the specs are quite good for the price 100T(6.0v 216oz/in 0.14/60) 100SS(6.0v 168oz/in 0.9/60) Has anyone used them and what's your feedback.

I haven't used those before. guess you are the one going to make a test on them, post up your results , hope they work out well for ya......

Gav I heard the Protek's are decent servos. Rebadged Passion9 servo's I do believe.

Thanks guys. I'm just waiting on some ofna alum servo horns and I'm good to go.

I just put both of these in my truck. For the price they can't be beat. The performance is excellent. The stock HPI servo horns are not the correct ones for the servos. I was able to force them on to get some drive time but will be installing whichever ones are correct. Gav, the OFNA's are the right? Where are you ordering the alum horns from?

I just put both of these in my truck. For the price they can't be beat. The performance is excellent. The stock HPI servo horns are not the correct ones for the servos. I was able to force them on to get some drive time but will be installing whichever ones are correct. Gav, the OFNA's are the right? Where are you ordering the alum horns from?
I ordered them from amain I should have them Monday so I can try the servos out I also grabbed a few protek alum horns to try the spline count is 25 same as savox.

This thread is a bit dated but I figured I'd throw my opinion in too just for information sake. I took my Protek 100T out of my Exo Terra buggy and put it in my brand new Savage X 4.6 and its a huge imrpovement over the rtr servo. I'm not completely dissing the rtr, it works ok and is relatively strong. However the case is 100% plastic whereas the Protek has an aluminum body. Pretty sure it helps to keep the internals cooler as well as strengthening the servo. The stock unit could barely move the wheels sitting in grass or on carpet. The 100T positively THROWS Those suckers around! If you're looking for an economical solution for the stock rtr servos take a look at the Proteks. I ordered mine from Amain. Good luck and happy bashing folks!

we don't blame u for dissing the stock servos. I hate them, too. I replaced both of my servos within 10 tanks of running the truck. thanks for the info, btw.

The stock unit could barely move the wheels sitting in grass or on carpet. The 100T positively THROWS Those suckers around!
I believe that. The HPI SF-20W servo has 6.6 kg/cm or 91 oz/inch of torque whereas the Protek 100T offers 216 oz/inch of torque. Nearly 2 1/2 times the torque of the stock SF-20W.

How long have you been running the Protek?

I believe that. The HPI SF-20W servo has 6.6 kg/cm or 91 oz/inch of torque whereas the Protek 100T offers 216 oz/inch of torque. Nearly 2 1/2 times the torque of the stock SF-20W.

How long have you been running the Protek?
I've had that same 100T in my sc10 4x4 and Exo Terra for around a year I suppose. I didn't beat on it too hard in the short course truck. And having a full fender body protecting the front end probably helped it there. Now the Exo Terra is a different ball game. Open wheel WFO all the time on 3s and it never missed a beat. I only got to putt around the street for a few minutes after work last night with the Savage but the difference in speed and response is night and day. I'm going to order another one from Amain on my lunch break today for a new throttle/brake servo.

we don't blame u for dissing the stock servos. I hate them, too. I replaced both of my servos within 10 tanks of running the truck. thanks for the info, btw.

I never ran them. Probably my main reason for always wanted SS kits, let me choose my own servo's then use the crappy hpi servo's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back