Proline tech 5's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin34

Hi guy's.Is anyone running the Proline tech 5 wheels on their savage?I want to run 40 series wheels on my xl but after reading Londoners thread about his build the 23 mil hex converters don't work well on the xl.The tech 5's have 17 mil hexes so they will bolt rite on.I was going to go with the Losi hex converters and losi wheels but this mite be better if they are any good.Thanks for any info.

Wow so these are the new PL 40 series.

http://www.prolineracing.com/catalog/Wheels-24-1.html

Their old 17mm 40s wheels are getting pretty rare now.

Don't know anything about these but they look cool and should be good quality.

Yep, the PL 23mm hex adapters were crap on the XL axles even though they were the XL version, made my wheels way off true and wobble around like crazy like a badly buckled bicycle wheel lol

And the Axial 40s 17mm beadlocks are about as useful as a chocolate tea-pot :lmao:

I am going to give them a go next payday.I am not quite sure why they made them narrower but as long as 40 series tyres fit i will be happy.I reckon these wheels with some Losi super bolt on tyres on the xl will work very well.Especialy on grass where i do most of my running.

671.jpg

707.jpg

SPECS:
Mounting Dia.:
3.82" (97mm)
Width:
2.75" (70mm)
Offset:
-0.76" (19mm)
Backspacing:
2.14" (54mm)

Pics and specs. We all want to know.

I am going to give them a go next payday.I am not quite sure why they made them narrower but as long as 40 series tyres fit i will be happy.I reckon these wheels with some Losi super bolt on tyres on the xl will work very well.Especialy on grass where i do most of my running.

Martin, let us know how you get on with them mate. I'm very interested in these :peace:

]-[0pa]0ng;161441 said:

They look awesome with those Road Rages!! Anybody know what those wheel nuts are?

The certainly do look good.I will let you know how i get on with them mate:motorcycle:.The wheel nuts are the traxxas ones that come on the E-Revo brushless edition.

I bet you have a set before me mate:bigsmilie:.Wheelspin have them in stock over here.£12 something for a pair i think.

I doubt it Martin, I've just hit the buy it now button on that Dynamite battery capacity meter I've had my eye on for ages, besides, I'll let you test 'em first :lmao:

Ok mate i will post up what i think when i get them.It wont be a running performance write up tho as i still need to buy the bevel gear and the integy rear hubs and i have already started to borrow from my mum and payday is a week and a half away:nono:

The 40 series Bow Ties should fit these fine.I have just fitted my lst2 wheels and tyres to my xl(not fitted properly tho as the hexes are wrong)and it looks so much better than the standard xl wheels and tyres.Hopefully the Tech 5's and losi bolt ons will be the same size and look just as good:Xfingers:

I have got a set on order but with the bank holiday weekend i don't think i will get them until next week.I have emailed an ebay seller to find out how much shipping will be for a set of losi super bolt ons to be sent to the UK.No one has these tyres over here.If shipping isnt to much i will order a set.If not i will have to look into different tyres.

Thanks gor the pics.Now i know losi 420 sized tyres will deffinatley fit:beer:.What happened to your foams?

That was without foams and not glued yet. The tires also fit HPI Blast rims.

I got the rims from liquidrc.com, they have $0.99 shipping worldwide. You could check for some tires

That was without foams and not glued yet. The tires also fit HPI Blast rims.

I got the rims from liquidrc.com, they have $0.99 shipping worldwide. You could check for some tires

Thanks mate.I will check out liquidrc for some tyres.

Members online

No members online now.
Back