Problem with a GST 7.7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey guys,

One of my buddy's has bought a GST and his engine temps are through the roof. He has resealed the engine and has check for air leaks in the tank and fuel line. It almost reminds me of the Savage half tank lean issue but way worse. The temps are a solid 230 - 240 until the last half of the tank, the temp can and will jump to mid 300's if you let it. It gets the the point where the fuel start to boil or whatever before it gets into the engine. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Treat it just like a savage. Mod time! Is its tank have above and half below the carb like a savage?

a nova cooling head might bring temps down also u might wanna vent the body to regulate airflow a little better

The body is vented. I still don't think the temps should go up that much though, like my half tank lean for my savage maybe brings the temps up 20 degrees. But his temps go up over 100's.

Have him tune it with half a tank. Then run it only filling it to the half way point. Keep track of temps. Then fill it full and see how fat it runs all warmed up. That will give you a Idea if its a mid tank lean problem.

I never even thought once of a bad bearing. I will give a shout out to him and see what he thinks. Thanks again guys for giving some thoughts on it.

ive heard mixed things about the performance of the truck. i was looking into one for a while, then funds went towards my 1:1 truck.

let us know what happens.

I know a few people who have had this truck I so far it seems ok. The durability is there for sure. And the ABS braking is actually a pretty cool thing they have going for them. Some cons are a high center of gravity, part support, and that she likes to set on its rear end on jumps.

Well, he resealed the carb again to see if that would help and no its still the same. He is now thinking for some reason it may be the fuel primer that he added. I guess theres a chance and you may not know if you try. But I don't know. I guess after this is we will get alittle more extreme and look at the bearings and internals, etc. I will continue updating.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back