Pro-Line Big Joes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I've looked at all the posts I could about Big Joes and couldn't really find an answer to my question. I had my heart set on Big Joes for the longest time and I finally got some for christmas with some Pro-Line Beadlocks. But having read some of the posts a few guys think they are too heavy. What is everyone else's opinion on them. Will this wheel/tire combo be too heavy for my 4.6 X? I know Crash has had some breakage issues, has anyone else had any breakage problems once they installed bigger wheels/tires (dog bones, spurs etc.)? I've already upgraded the steering servo to the Hitec 645.

i think you need to give us some more details on what you use the truck for. Do you bash it or race it. do you bash hard like big jumps of what do you do with it. then we can better help you

I have a set of big joes on axial beadlocks and i love them for bashing they take alot,but will not wheelie anymore,the only problem i have is rocks getting stuck in the rims

Sorry guys, the only thing I do is bash. Once in a while a straight line drag race, but 98% is gravel, sandpits, jumps, doughnuts etc.

I had some and liked them. It's true that they are pretty heavy, but you can alter your gearing to help this. Also I didn't like the cheap poor quality screws that Pro-line supplied, so I swopped them for aluminium screws. They are far superior, they use a bigger size hex wrench which is less likely to round out the screw heads, and they save quite a lot of weight. You take the stock screws and compare them with and equal amount of aluminium ones, you'll be surprised !

I just did this axial beadlocks with the big joes tires (converted to 17 hex hubs) on my savage 25. I just run the truck thru the yard and drag neighbor kids down the road in there car. 3 speed trans, 49T spur should I go down to a 16 or 14 CTB?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the big joes on 23mm dish wheels..... they are men among boys in the wheel/tire combo world if u know what i mean......i bash and thats all i do is ram the truck into anything i find.....YOU NEED a heavy duty steering servo to move the wheels around because they are so heavy but very strong and have a lot of cution.....i have the big joes on my savage X 4.6 rtr. I have a digital JR D8611A metal gear servo. This servo will still move the wheels even with me standing on them and it will move the wheels anywhere and anytime. You cannot go wrong with a servo like this.....i have had no problems what so ever with breakage etc.....

THE BOTTOM LINE IS BIG JOES ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
BUT YOU NEED A STRONG SERVO

LMK if you have more questions...!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back