Plug for Losi LiPo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopIt

Certified Nitro Addict
Does anyone know where I can get a female plug for THIS pack ? I already have a LiPo charger so I just want to make up an adapter lead. I e-mailed Losi and they recommended their charger, (but then they would !). They said it was a Losi plug (typical), so I wondered if I get a female plug of something else ?

Thanks in advance.

My LHS will almost deffinatetly not have anything to fit. I would be amazed if they did ! Most people over here have only just heard about LiPo, so it's very low key. I have sent an e-mail to A Main hobbies where I bought the pack, so maybe they will come back with something ??! Thanks for your reply larsen.

Hopit,

Losi runs JR stlye connectors since most of their kits come with JR servos and plugs, try a female JR connector. Another option is to do as I did, swith your plug for deans.

Chris

Like Butters said this connecter isnt just for LiPo's. It is also a very common connector. You may be supprised they may have something.

Thanks guys, but I don't understand why Losi didn't just tell me that ! They said it was a Losi proprietry connector, and didn't even mention JR. Still I'll try anything once, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and head of to the LHS. :Xfingers:

I just had a brain wave, I shud have thought of it before :duh:

Picture214.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture217.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture222.jpg
[/IMG]

This should make it a bit easier guys ! :resp:

The lead your pictures is for a balancer. You can get balancers to charge threw this lead or get balancers that attach to that plug and balance the cells. You can charge threw the other plug the red one which is the plug we had mentioned of being the JR plug. I hope this helps.

I guess I should of mentioned that :duh: Yea, it's the ballance plug that's causing me the problem. I have a LiPo charger, but it's not a ballance charger, so I bought a separate ballancer to plug into it. Now all I have to do is find out what type of ballance plug is on the battery, so I can then make up an adapter lead. Hope that explains it a bit better.

OK that makes since now.

What type of balancer do you have. I use the Thunder power balancer and that one accepts that plug I believe.

That looks a bit more up market than mine, but all I want it to do is ballance the cells, my charger should do the rest. I've just ordered THESE, so they should at least have the correct plug on one end.

Sounds good. Also on a side not it isn't necessary that any LiPo's under 3 cells or under 2100mH needs to be balanced every time. I only balance mine about every 10 or so charges. Once they get larger than that they should be balanced more often as it seems to affect those more.

Thanks for the tip larsen, there just isn't much of this kind of detailed info out there. I got the Losi leads in the post the other day, and finally got a result. So now I got the female plug to fit the ballance plug on the pack, I've just gota make up my own lead. Looks like some very fiddley soldering to me ......... we'll see !

Thanks for all your help guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Back