Please Help! How do it get glue off tyres and rims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

Hi everyone...

Ok so i want to restrap my tyres with gorilla tape and so i baked my tyres off the rim which worked very well compared to boiling.

BUT NOT THERE IS LEFT OVER GLUE EVERYWHERE!??? on the metal rims and tyres.

I cant use a dremel on the tyres as it will remove the rubber aswell, and i cant get the dremel between the groove on the rims.

Would acetone work? like nail polish? Would it be able to get chunks of glue off the wheel and lip of the tyre?
What would you all advise?

I just rebaked it at 300 F for another min. I took it out and all the glue flaked off. There maybe other ways but this worked for me.

i might try that thisafternoon as there is A LOT of glue all around the bead of the tyre! And i don't want to use a dremel as i am worried i will take too much off the bead and then i wont be able to stick them down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. When you baked them what temp and for how long. Iv got spi rims will it still work? Coz I boiled one rim and it's ruined it! Thanks for the help in advance!

i know the rims finish does get ruined... but you can always re polish them... but at the end of the day my spis just get dirry so it doesnt bother me...

by the way, i just bought pairs of replacements when one single tyre blew... i always knew another would blow eventually, so have spares just in case

Travis
i love the spi rims!!!! they are amazing for handling with my badlands! they have taken some big jumps and huge tumbles with no problems at all

because i don't race i run them even with the XL axle extenders at the rear and standard axles on the front. If you have seen my main video, you can see how i can drift nicely with them and put the power down!

I use my huge oversize MOABs for jumping and i have some phaltlines on blast rims for road use... but if I'm running on grass, dirt or anything else apart from tarmac... the spis are always on there

nice one Josh, yeh all mine are filthy. iv got a mate who is going to chrome coat them, they are going to bling once more. ha ha

oh and how long did you bake them for and at what temp?

thank dude.

I hear the microwave is a new one , I'm going to try it , all though I'm worried about the chrome paint sparking ..... Good thing I'm divorced LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Back