pissed off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodesta

:duh: my spur gear keeps stripping after i set it right help:chainkiller:

well, if it's set right, it shouldn't continue to strip logically...

when is it stripping? when landing a jump? one thing my buddy learned the hard way is to let up on the throttle when landing, or you'll kill your spur...

As my dad still says, better to be pissed off than pissed on. Anyway, is it melting or are the teeth being sheared off? Just out of curiosity what kind of clutch are you using, aluminum or stock?

aluminum (which is stock 15t) and the teeth are beenig sheared off. like on a turn i hit the gas and my car tends to go up on 2 wheels then it strips????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm asking about the clutch, not the clutch bell. Anyhow I don't think thats an issue. It seems your mesh is too loose, thus the sheared teeth. When messed correctly you should hardly feel any wiggle they should be nice and tight but still feel the smallest amount of play. Next tighten your slipper clutch all the way down, then back off 1/4 of a turn. it's the nut that hold your spur gear on. Meshing a spur take practice, stick with the plastic 25 style spur and you'll be good. If you are using the X slipper (the one with 2 pads that sandwich the spur) I recommend you buy the 25 style spur.

X Spur

high_5.jpg

25 Spur

04.jpg

I updated my photobucket and it is being screwy pics are up now,

I think you you have a different problem. Check to see if your motor mount, is cracked, or your motor mount plate is not tweaked, or your screws are not loose on the plate... KEEP USE POSTED!!!!

ok i just finshed doing that took the engine out cleaned it and no cracked but tweaked what do u mean???

i cant take the screw out from the clutch bell too tight ill try tommorrow its 11:15 right now

i cant take the screw out from the clutch bell too tight ill try tommorrow its 11:15 right now

I should be thread locked, you can use vise grips on the flywheel to hold it still. If that doesn't work you may want to buy a piston lock.

OFNA makes one where the piston lock unscrews out of a flat head screw driver. It's a 2 in 1. This will work though.

Racers Edge Piston Lock

jetser my clutch shoes look fine
showphoto.php

I'm asking about the clutch, not the clutch bell. Anyhow I don't think thats an issue. It seems your mesh is too loose, thus the sheared teeth. When messed correctly you should hardly feel any wiggle they should be nice and tight but still feel the smallest amount of play. Next tighten your slipper clutch all the way down, then back off 1/4 of a turn. it's the nut that hold your spur gear on. Meshing a spur take practice, stick with the plastic 25 style spur and you'll be good. If you are using the X slipper (the one with 2 pads that sandwich the spur) I recommend you buy the 25 style spur.

you say to back it off a 1/4 turn?
if i do this, then my spur gear wont slip ever, will it?
isnt that too tight?

i learned that the best way to get you mesh right is to put your moter on and leav the bolts loose then take a small peice of notebook paper and put it in between the spur gear and the clutch bell then slide the moter over against the spur gear then crank douwn the bolts and then all you have to do is pic the truck up of the ground then slowly pull the paper out from the spur and clutch then check the mesh you should just barely feal it wiggle hope that this helps bud.

Latest posts

Members online

Back