pinch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammr

Can some one tell me what is and how to pinch a sleeve. I'm guessing its a way to extend the life of the sleeve.

it's to increase compression. It's a way to regain lost power that happens to all sleeves overtime

I would leave pinching a sleeve to the pros. Not sure if there is a way you can do it yourself. Or if it would even be worth it.

A sleeve pincher can be bought for your particular sleeve. There is a dude on ebay that has them. If he doesn't have your engine listed, send him a email and he will build a pincher to your sleeve specs.

Pinch is a difference in diameter of the inside of the cylinder sleeve from top to bottom.

The cylinder sleeve is slightly larger at the bottom of the stroke than it is at the top. this means that as the piston travels from the bottom of the stroke to the top, the compression ratio increases exponentially from bottom to top.

What these fella's are talking about is a process to "re-pinch" a cylinder sleeve that has worn beyond acceptable tolerances (closer to the same diameter top and bottom than having a "pinch" at the top). IMHO the cost of a new sleeve is more acceptable than the chance of re-engineering a part that may, or may not work properly when done.

-Moto

The place on Ebay is k garage and there in china or japan cant remember but the cost of the pincher is around 20$ .Thats the same cost of having it done by a pro. ive also heard that after doing this a number of times it will start to wear your piston also.if your not into racing and would rather replace your p.and s. after 20-25 gal. buy the pincher if not send it out and have it done. I know pro pinch does it and has less than a week turnaround and there in the back of all the mags.

What a great site super info guys,i think i,m gonna try the pincher thing its only 13 bucs and i,m way curious about doing it now,i sent an e-mail to see if they have one that fits,i,ll keep ya posted

Good idea-why not? It's junk anyways and 13 bucks for tool so I say go for it.
Let us know how it gos for you? I may do the same on my worn out mill.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back