P&P: Larsenracing's Mod Job on Mach 427

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Well I purchased a new Mach 427 for a nice price on the bay for my basher truck but will be placed in my Racer for now until I purchase a picco for the racer. Anyhow here are some photo's of the stock sleeve and crank.
Parts005.jpg

Parts006.jpg

Parts007.jpg

Parts007.jpg

Parts008.jpg

Parts009.jpg

Parts010.jpg

Now for some ported and polished Pict's of the Sleeve:
Parts011.jpg

Parts012.jpg

Parts013.jpg

Parts015.jpg

A few shots of the Crank in the Mill being lightened a tad and ported and polished along with a little timing alteration:
Parts023.jpg

Parts030.jpg

And the Fill Job:
Parts038.jpg

Parts039.jpg

Sealed & Assembled Picture:
Parts043.jpg

I also did a tiny little porting on the opening of the Carb along with a nice polish job. Sorry no Pict's of this. I may break this thing in and add a few scoops in the head button but we will see. It's a bit cold out right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
great job man I ran that engine in my savy for a long time good torque fair power but very reliable tried to tear it up lol let us know how it works :resp:

looks good to me jayson

burn some nitro bud

Update: Sorry guys I have yet to run this thing. Its just been too cold out side. We also had about 18" of snow on the ground which has now settled & melted down to about 5" but average temps have been around 8* and most days have been windy. This thing may have to wait till spring to come out and be broke in.

Well I got the chance to break this in engine in on January 24th. I ran about 5 tanks thru it so I could run it at the Monster Truck Winter Nationals in Sioux Falls SD that I was hosting. This was broke-in in our heated shop which was at 70*.

So along come's the 31st., time for the show. We had a heck of a blast and lots of run time.

This engine is the king. I have never ran an engine that has as much power as this thing. It was very fast, I let a few others drive it as well who have been in the hobby longer than I and they were completely amazed of the brutal power.

Not sure what i'm going to do but one of them want to purchase it off me who is the one thats been into R/C's longer than I. I'm just not sure if I want to let it go. Sorry I have no video's of it but boy does it go.

First of all...AWESOME mod job on the mill :resp: And I`ll bet it`s a good feeling for you that the engine has a killer preformance! Once again...great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya its a great feeling. I have never see this much difference before. This was a fresh mill so I don't know how it would have ran before this but I have seen the Mach 427's run in other savages and this thing would have absolutely killed them by probably double. I've never had a mill with this kind of power.

hmmm...could this have changed to an advertisement thread?! if so i might be interested.

LOL, na it's no advertisement. I'm just really stoked of the power it put out. but if interested fire away. I just don't know that I'll let it go.

Completely agree Crash, Learning. I have only done about 10 Mill's so far.

Just over impressed of the difference in this mill and the power its putting out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back