ofna throttle/ brake mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

609savage

i just got the throttle and brake mod i ordered from tower for my savage x..but i need help cause ther is a lot of pieces and i don't know where to start...please help....pictures or detailed step by step would be great thanks people

Hey 609 .... send me an email ... Ill shoot somepics of how I did mine for ya ...

tornacl AT cox DOT net

Host them on www.tinypic.com and copy and paste the

Can this be used with Hitec servos. I have a new servo I'm going to use when I build my SS Kit. I was wondering what else I needed to complete the mod. Looks as if it's all there. Thanks

Can this be used with Hitec servos. I have a new servo I'm going to use when I build my SS Kit. I was wondering what else I needed to complete the mod. Looks as if it's all there. Thanks

Sure you can...the Ofna servo arm comes with adapters to fit it, or you can just get a Hitec-style servo arm, as in a nice long aluminum one.

Sure you can...the Ofna servo arm comes with adapters to fit it, or you can just get a Hitec-style servo arm, as in a nice long aluminum one.

COOOOOOOLLLLLL. I just need to get my kit so I know which arem to get. Don't want to get one to short.
Thanks.

Try and get an arm that's about 1" from the center of the servo splines to the outermost hole, that should work great.

Here's a couple of pictures of my setup before I mid-tanked the truck...
ofna012jq8.jpg

ofna017du0.jpg

YO thanks. That really looks great. I can't waite to do this. I can't waite to get my savage. I had one before, my very first nitro. A Savage 25, motor lasted 10 gallons. Thanks again

Nah, not that long...in fact it's a touch shorter than the stock Savage arm!

I guess my perception is off. Cool deal man, just was worried about your throw.

You can actually use your stock servo horn, and if you do, you do not need to bend any of the servo arms. I have the setup. All you need is a screw that will go through the slider, and a nut to put on the bottom. I have this setup on my truck now. Ill post some pics later tomorrow.

You can actually use your stock servo horn, and if you do, you do not need to bend any of the servo arms. I have the setup. All you need is a screw that will go through the slider, and a nut to put on the bottom. I have this setup on my truck now. Ill post some pics later tomorrow.

Yo what's up? Any pics yet...:drunk: Thanks in advance.

Dude that looks sick. I was looking for the throttle mod. I guess thats it. So can I use the stock servo arm? Or do I need to get a longer one. Can't see the one you have in the pic. But if thats the mod it looks great. Can't wait. Thanks man.

Here is a pic of the arm.
I used the parts below for this mod

OFNA 10725 Qty 2

OFNA 10705 Qty 1

Dubro 815 Qty 1

OFNA 10732 Qty 1 optional

Integy T6909 Qty 1 optional

throttle.arm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys but do I need a pair of Z-Bender pliers for the the linkage wire? Or is there some other tool I could use to bend that wire. I know I know I could use my hands / vise grips / vise. But I wanted to make the bend as neat as possible. Thanks again guys.

linkage wire bends

No you do not need use a z bend pliers. Use a covered grip no slip pliers to make bends without marks. And then use clevis connectors on the ends, or the ball links as shown in these pictures. The ball links work great.

You dot really need the Z bend pliers but for 15 beans you can go wrong ... no ball links or clasps to fail or worse yet break in a crash ... causing a run away

I do agree with tornacl but with the z-bends the links they go threw wear out. I like ball links better as they never bind and don't wear parts out.

Yep ... the holes where the linkage goes thru it will definitely need some attention through the season. So if you wanna go with a good idea ...BALL LINKS ... but remember any method you choose to use ...maintain it.

Gregg

Help Please

OK guys I did the ofna throttle / brake mod but I have ran into a problem. Foward throttle is great but when I go to apply brakes all that happens is I am putting so much strain /stress on the steering crank. My servo wants to pull the crank off the frame of the truck. What did I do wrong? I put the stock setup back on to see if I missed anything. All I can see is that the servo arm (bottom portion) sways back and forth allowing the top arm to stay netrual so it dosn't pull the steering crank apart. I know I did something wrong just can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back