Octane V2 or V1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmansavage

How do I tell if I have a v1 or v2 really would like to know so I can plan for what I am in for lol...

HPI Never Released the Octane V2 Version.
The V2 was an Prototyp Shown in 2016 at the Germany Model/ Toy Exhibition „Nürnberger Spielwaren Neuheiten Messe „

The difference between V1 to V2 version are two things :
1) Replacement of the sparkplug Modul electronic out of the Radiobox to a separat position over the centertransmission, to avoid interference from the high voltage Modul to the transmitter from the Radio Controller, so you can do it by yourself and fix the high voltage module in a smal plastic box in front of the transmission
2) using a new exhaust pipe , comes in some last models of the Savage XL Octane as an limited offer as free getting the LRP Mielke Reso included ein the HPI Savage XL Octane Box
The new LRP Mielke Reso is more silent as the Original and give the Savage more power and an better deep tone sound which better fit to the Savage XL Octane „Beast „
You can buy these LRP Mielke Pipe Today in EBay, you Must Look in Germany or Australien EBay and you Can find them

I spoke some weeks ago with HPI Distribution Manager and they say that the V2 will never will be release and HPI has in his website the Savage XL Octane discontinue that model.
So that ‚s why I bought 3 Octane to have enough spare parts for the future, because I love that Octane beast and it is not so complicated in fixing every time the carburetor regardless the weather condition when you will drive and the second big pro for the Octane is the cheap fuel cost for that 2 Stroke engine instead to the nitro fuel cost .
Further the Savage Octane runs 20 minutes with one fuel tank , the nitro only 11 minutes!
And you had no heating problem with the 2 Stroke engine regarding to the nitro engines.

And what I Love is , if you will run this Truck on Sunday and you messasured that you had no fuel any more you can buy at any gasoline station on Sunday Fuel , if you need Nitro model fuel on Sunday you lost and find no store which are open!D58EF61C-941C-4A21-B4F9-841ACA73E3B2.png7B547832-CD53-4C39-9564-0E22358C68F3.png7A0C367B-5332-4CD9-A4EC-138A9708DC1A.png

Awsome the octane I am getting looks brand new the guy found it in a storage unit with a bunch of electric rc he said he put new fuel in it and it started but shut off hope I am not going to have any problems like the many others I have read any tips or recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated also how many turns out from fully seated do you have your hsn and lsn I am a motorcycle tech by trade so I mechanically inclined I won’t give up till I get the beast right and tuned properly just wanna start off on right foot....do you think it is a good idea to remove the carb to clean it??? Thanks for all your help and replies hope to get more help and info from any of my Savage family

May be you need a new spark plug , that’s often the issue why your engine stall after first start . Other item can be lost the magnet on the clutch for the timing sensor!
It is difficult to make an failure analysis by these distributions, May be it helps

Best regards
Roland

Ok thanks for your help sir I will check all those when I plan to start it only thing that scares me is they used vp 25:1 mixed fuel in a can and I see some in the line still didn’t k ow if I should take carb of to clean it or just get fuel out of line and use my fuel that I am gonna run reg grade fuel with klotz super technaplate oil 25:1 ratio any thoughts on this????

Black exhaust was produced before or after this silver version?

Attachments

• aa7f6148-640b-4e46-89e3-0c7826e69c8e (1).jpg
    aa7f6148-640b-4e46-89e3-0c7826e69c8e (1).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2
As I know, the first Octane are delivered with the black exhaust, later they change to the Silver Version.
The tuning exhaust, which I show in some of the files above, are the LRP Exhaust in Black with litte more power and an deeper Sound

Latest posts

Members online

Back