octane starts but don't rev

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolkev52

hi I picked up an octane cant get it to rev it just cuts out I have put a brand new carb and gaskets on it its exactly the same any ideas

I'm going to suggest the standard stuff:

Does the throttle open & close freely?
Have you reset the carb to the factory settings?

Sadly the Octane can be a bit of a pig to tune but starting from factory settings normally produces results (there are plenty of issues reported for poor compression either from a circlip failure or just rubbish manufacturing quality).

Have a look at some of the other threads on here about the CDI which is also known to cause problems so might point you in the right direction.

I love my Octane (size, noise etc) but it is one of those ones you either love or hate so persevere if you can.

hi guys I'm still having lots of issues I have changed cdi to a new one and ihave moved receiver out of the battery box and in a small box at the back off the truck and insulated it it started up straight away and will rev and steer perfect but only runs for four min then just dies leave it for 15 min it will start up then four min it just dies

Try changing the timing sensor (or at least make sure it is clean and positioned correctly). If things do not change then you are likely to have a piston ring issue which is means you are losing compression when the engine is warm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back