O.s. 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that should be a seamless swap, maybe have to change your shift points in tranny but don't mess with it until your done breaking new mill in. nice pic on engines, i doubt you will be disappointed.

I run the OS .30 in my X with a ribbed tuned pipe and stock header. Clutches and flywheel dropped right on. Probably won't be a bad idea to adjust shift points unless you like 3rd gear in 3 seconds lol

Word of advice, don't make the same mistake I made. Take the carb retainer screw out and locktite it like crazy. I didn't and during break in the carb fell out. LHS didn't carry the part so I had to order it from Tower and wait to finish breaking it in.

Also if you run a vented CB with dual Stainless you may have some problems. The motor sets the CB just far enough forward to jam on the disks for the breaks which causes all kinds of headaches.

Other than that the motor is awesome and you will be very pleased.

thanx i mite have more ?s on the carb retainer screw were is it?
I'm hoping its got more power but gota wait till christmas...so anxious

got one too, it's awesome, only problem was my head came loose, so I would check that also. Peace.

Just loose bolts. This engine is rock solid. No problems (2 gallons in). My friend has the new Savy w/4.6.
HPI rates it at 3.3hp, The O.S. is rated at 3hp. My truck outways his by a good 3-4lbs. I blow his stock Savage away. The O.S. is alot more expensive than most aftermarket engines, but you get what you pay for. Peace.

Great Mill, after a gallon it will steadily get stronger. have 3 + gallons in mine, its a power house. Low end tork is nastynice mid and highs, tunes really easy. Be careful on high bit surfaces, it will break drive line parts. So far I've sheared cvd pins, cracked a fly wheel, starting to rip my tires at the rims.
you will be happy with it, very user friendly motor.
everything bolts rite up. I would sugest getting a nova engine mount, more adjustable ( also i think it mounted to the engine better than the stock 1, wich seemed tight if i remeber rite), plus displaces some heat. Works great with the OS as far as adjusting the cb and spur.
Good luck with it I'm sure you will like.

Latest posts

Members online

Back