NSO's First Ever Nitro RC SavageX 4.1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thx is there anything else i should do or no about???? like what kinda pipe?? I'm lookin at the hpi polished pipe or the hpi ribbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diffs

Yeah I put in the diff cups that came in the savageX box. I guess it is an upgrade but since it came with the RTR savageX and I didnt buy it aftermarket it mine as well be stock. I would like to convert to the GST diffs JT did for SiteJester at some point in time but only when it becomes an issue. I haven't had any troubles yet with Axial .32 in it. I have about 2 gallons in it and it still rips wheelies so I guess the HPI one should be good enough. Its just a matter of time though before an issue arises I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failsafe

Yes it is true your Spektrum has a built in failsafe. I have mine activated and also run a failsafe. The reason being the failsafe built in to the Spektrum only works as a failsafe for the controller. If your batteries go dead in your radio or you get out of range yes it will apply the break on the truck. If your batteries go dead in the truck it can still do what it wants for a very small amount of time until the battery fully dies. It happened to me at a show so I don't take any more chances with it. Plus its so small and all but weightless. I have never had an issue with since I put it on. I guess it just comes down to preference. I just don't want my X to be ghost riding for any amount of time.

i have a hpi ribbed pipe and it workes great lots of power! i just got a moter saver air filter as well so i can be sure that no bits of dirt and grit will pass in to my new engine.i would just say go and try it and have fun! if your diffs break just replace them with even better diffs.
hope this helps
4x4

run time with .32 w/stock fuel tank

I not sure I only bash no racing so my savyX is tuned at half tank.

Members online

Back