Novarossi pull start assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlichty

Does anyone know if there is a pull start assembly out there that will fit my brand new 28-8? I can get one from Novarossi direct, but after a poor customer service experience I'd like to look elsewhere. Plus they want 30$ plus 12$ shipping. Appreciate any help!

Well, the LRP pullstarts are quite cheap online, but in-store they were an absolute rip off. You pay more to have it "on the day" though I guess.
1574301703843.png

To be honest, you've bought the "iphone" of nitro engines going for a novarossi. They are not cheap and neither are their parts. But, they are very well made.

Quick search online shows the price (AUD) of the pullstart for a 28-8 is nearly $40. Not the cheapest out there but not terrible. Include shipping to that and it'll be around $50AUD, so yeah I guess I would pay $66AUD for a pullstart. Not because I'd want to but because I would have no choice.

Here's the exploded view of the motor for reference, it has the part number for the pullstart on it ?

Sounds good, I bit the bullet, bought two to make the shipping more worth it. Thanks for the info!

Sounds good, I bit the bullet, bought two to make the shipping more worth it. Thanks for the info!
I know its a bit late now that you've bought them, but you should try look into other universal pullstarts that may work on the motor. Most pullstarts tend to be fairly similar so you might be able to get away with using a much cheaper alternative. Though their quality will probably not be as good.

Finally, look into how you've been using the pullstart. They will break prematurely if used incorrectly, so understanding the correct method of using it will result in longer life. Not saying you do use it incorrectly by any means either btw ?
Just something to consider

Were you watching me?? thanks again, yeah, I'll bring the spare to my LHS next time I go to find a generic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back