Nova Clutch Shoes Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes JroCc, thats the correct nut. Regular hand tools should be good enough to do the job.

Thanks alot X...i appreciate it.

No...I saw 1.1mm springs also...but it was in some of the older posts....thats why I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for clearing it up SJ.

Thanks Jester!!!

Is this it?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNJ78&P=M

Also..one last thing...do I need a special tool for the job?

Thanks again.

Like X said, regular tools will work, but a clutch shoe spring tool will make things alot easier. Trust me, I put the screwdriver through the top layer of skin on my left finger trying to remove the springs and shoes off my buddy's GST. Doesn't feel too good.

No I think the 1.1 are brittle .. the 1.0 is what I run and wont run anything different

I had the 1.0 springs break on me. Two of them in fact. It stopped my motor in its tracks and locked the clutch bell to the clutches/flywheel, luckily it didn't damage my nova shoes or clutch bell. I was like what is going on here.

I just ordered some from smfstore along with some bearings. It is pretty sad about the price of gas, when shipping is cheaper than driving to the hobby store and picking them up yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.0 won't load up like the 1.1. Big difference between the 2 springs.

Not to hijack but I ordered a set of the 1.0 springs to go along with the clutches and the mugen pilot nut....

Saying that we should get the 1.1's?

Not to hijack but I ordered a set of the 1.0 springs to go along with the clutches and the mugen pilot nut....

Saying that we should get the 1.1's?

Mis interpret what I said. 1.0 is the way to go. 1.1 way to heavy and the .9 are way to wimpy, Skimpy

sorry hop now I understand, I figured to get the 1.0 anyways since it was in between both... thanks guys.

Members online

Back