NOOB Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome to the forum... no you wont have to change gearing for that tire wheel combo.... when you get into the bigger tires and wheels like the axial bead locks n big joe tires they are lil heavier they might make your truck seem slugish till you switch the gears a bit or adjust the shift points ... but you should be ok with them tires n wheels though ..

Thanks alot guys. Hopefully I get alot done with my savvy. what mods would you guys advice me on doing. I plan on getting stronger aluminum parts, the 3-speed tranny, reverse module, and maybe an axial engine. is there any other mods recommended?

What aluminum parts are you planning on getting? The stock plastic parts are strong enough to take a beating and are much cheaper to replace then the aluminum parts.

dude my ironmaiden truck is a tank... i love it but its so hard on parts from all the added weight ... it kills diffs like crazy but the bullet proof ones hold up... the axial motor is about the same as the stock 4.6... i run the lrp motors in mine ... great power houses with out being m0dded... they are direct drop in to ...

yann welcome to hpisf . axials arnt much of an upgrade motor. (even tho i run 2 of them myself and like them) for the little extra money i would go with an lrp or a picco.

wow i never knew that. Ill have to start researching these enigines cause like i said I'm new to this thing and anyways i probably wont end up doing the engine swap anytime soon but as for the heavy metal build I'm not getting everything just some parts that need the extra strength like the control arms for example

If you don't mind a heavy cooling head, Dynamite Big Red motor are pretty strong. Plus, they're a lot cheaper than other motors. A lot of the guys in our local group use them, and they not only run as well as the more expensive motors, they also take a heck of a beating without breaking.

wow i never knew that. Ill have to start researching these enigines cause like i said I'm new to this thing and anyways i probably wont end up doing the engine swap anytime soon but as for the heavy metal build I'm not getting everything just some parts that need the extra strength like the control arms for example

I have a x4.6 as well, the only thing that needs strenght is the spur gear (if yours came with the plastic one.) I would go with a midtank mod. Reason being is the stock one has a tendency to snap internal parts inside. I have gone throught more tanks than fuel! :mushroom: I always feel the tank on the savage was a poor after throught.

If you are really iching for some bling. HPI makes a great suspension package that gives you more adjustments. Check out HPI's hompage.

Throw on some bigbore shocks and go play. Savage's don't need alot just little tweaks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back