No start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgum

Has anyone had problems with getting fuel to carburetor,I cleaned the tank out and the exhaust pipe but still can't get enough fuel to start,it has the f4.6 motor

Have you tried priming by plugging the exhaust while you are cranking the engine..... check you glow igniter for charge and maybe even take out the plug and check it on the igniter to see if it glows brightly....

You can also blow into the pressure line and see if fuel moves toward the carburetor, it is a process of elimination sometimes to diagnose no start problems.....

Have you tried priming by plugging the exhaust while you are cranking the engine..... check you glow igniter for charge and maybe even take out the plug and check it on the igniter to see if it glows brightly....

You can also blow into the pressure line and see if fuel moves toward the carburetor, it is a process of elimination sometimes to diagnose no start problems.....
Yeah I primmed it the glo plug is good,it was running good before this and all the sudden quit it turns over good just not getting fuel and starting

Not sure on the measurement, but when you rotate it by hand when it is cold there should be a discernible POP as it goes thru the stroke.....

yes and carb may be clogged also, may need a quick disassembly , if you have an air can or or some thing to blow it out and clean it. I just had a clogged carb, wouldn't prime but if I poured fuel in the carb it ran.

yes and carb may be clogged also, may need a quick disassembly , if you have an air can or or some thing to blow it out and clean it. I just had a clogged carb, wouldn't prime but if I poured fuel in the carb it ran.
I cleaned the carburetor. not long ago and reset the needles back to factory settings.I thought about swapping out the motor and work on the motor that won't start off the truck and possibly put back on later

there you go, I just rebuilt my sons f4.6 motor this morning, ready for break in.
Was it difficult to rebuild it,what all did you replace,did you put in new case bearings.I looked at the cost of parts and the cost to rebuild looked like more than the cost of a new motor.

My savage xl with 5.9 did the same thing running good one day then boom won't start with out throttle being half pulled !

My savage xl with 5.9 did the same thing running good one day then boom won't start with out throttle being half pulled !
Found out the problem the hsn wasn't letting enough fuel to the motor,finally got it started and up and running.

it wasn't hard to rebuild, I had 20 minutes or so in it. removed head , back plate and cover, , then pushed up sleeve then disconnected piston. installed new parts then done and go

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back