Nitro star t.15L issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmansavage

Hi i came across a slight issue I think I took apart this engine and cleaned it put back together with all the pieces I took apart put sometimes the pull start doesn’t grab n if I move the flywheel a couple times is does I looked at the manual and I noticed under the back plate that lil circle with groove on it ther is suppose to b a spring and a pin to do something with the start so says the manual does this sound correct also should the flywheel spin both ways when I spin it clockwise it wants to put pressure on pull start and would break it it seams just want to make sure I didn’t do something wrong this is my first disassemble of a nitro engine a lot different from motorcycles which I am use too lol

yes it sounds as if you are either missing the pin and spring that does the starting job inside the engine, also yes with a pull start it is only going to turn in the direction of starting, forcing it will cause damage.....

Well I lucked out there are several on eBay so I am gonna pick up a couple so I have an xtra one just in case I lose one lol thanks again I really am glad I am a member of this fine savage family forum

Latest posts

Members online

Back