Nitro or Electric usage?

(N)itro or (E)lectric

• N

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • E

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampDawg

after years of nitro use i have stopped using them and went back to electric models. not only have i seen a bigger smile on my face from less aggrivation frustration soforth....ive been spending more on the hobby cuz of it.

who here has been putting nitro aside and using electric.
I'm enjoying this hobby once again but not only cuz of maintenance issues, but other crap like glowplugs that went up to nearly 10.00/ea, fuel costs, downtime, etc....

ill be keeping my Savage rig but seriously? it wont be used much. lol:machinegunner:

ill be keeping my Savage rig but seriously? it wont be used much. lol:machinegunner:

Before i built the flux a dude at the LHS had a b/l revo and said "he's keeping his nitro trucks but didnt know when he actually wanna run one over the electric."

while building the flux i kept saying id keep the nitro savage but after running the b/l couldnt see myself getting the same thrill from the nitro so i sold it.

on top of all the reasons you said, no-one within' 50+ miles of my house stocked good fuel. good packs are a mouse-click & ship away.

i can see myself getting another nitro car (.18, .12 or .21) but never a .28 or larger again.

Its sad but true. After 15 years of burning nitro I too am getting tired of the high prices of fuel, glow plugs and the hassles of getting good fuel. My LHS buys 20 gallons of 30% and 20 gallons of 20% (for shipping cost reasons) and wont reorder fuel till all of it is gone. Everyone buys 30% so its gone within a couple weeks and then for the next 10 months you have to see full shelves of 20% till its finally down to where they will order fuel again. BS!

I'm converting my Savage race truck over to a FLUX right now and I'm really liking the look of the truck this way. I can see me converting my basher over to electric too. The ease of plugging in a LiPo and tearing up the yard or track no matter how late or early it is because my truck isn't nitro really opens up a lot more potential bashing sessions.

back when i started nitro i thought it was the way to go but its nothing but a pita. but as mentioned....anytime, anyhow, any place! and your neighbors wont know whats goin on either!

Electric ftw!

:nitromill: ftw :)

Currently running nitro,but I'm looking to go electric.Wont be looking to get rid of the nitro though,but I'm worried that because of the turn up,turn on & go element of electric,the nitros gonna get left behind or not run as much.

I voted E

smiley-face.jpg

:nitromill: ftw :)
but I'm worried that because of the turn up,turn on & go element of electric,the nitros gonna get left behind or not run as much.

this seems to be the norm. you left out the most enticing point though and thats the raw power that comes with brushless. no pre-heat, no spool up, it just full on. makes nitro boring.

I gotta agree with everything said about electric, Plug and Play and yes you will spend more!! Still gonna keep at least one nitro for the pure pleasure of warmup and the smell of nitro fuel! Just my thoughts!

I honestly like them both. The electric for the reasons you guys have all posted about and my savage will under go a B/L transplant.

I still prefer nitro for my buggy and truggy racing though.

ya i cant really vote as I'm running both lol not a brushless setup or anything but i enjoy both of them ,although i have to admit electric is less of a pain lol

Gotta vote nitro because that is what I run :rockout:

But one of these days I would like to try to get into a brushless savage, they look like tons of fun. Just hard to bite the bullet due to the initial costs.

this seems to be the norm. you left out the most enticing point though and thats the raw power that comes with brushless. no pre-heat, no spool up, it just full on. makes nitro boring.

Agreed m8,theres definately a process with nitro.Again,thats the worry with going leccy,when its as easy as that,its got to be more fun.Go on though-admit it,now & then,you miss pully finger,tuning headaches & nitro boogers ;)

yeah i have to admit my love of nitro boogers.

there is still a thrill of running a r/c with an actual combustion engine. I still want a nitro so i'll prob get a .12 or .18 buggy at some point.

Latest posts

Members online

Back