Nitro fuel UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markjarvis3

Right then people, my local hobby store only sells “model technics” fuel and that duraglow blend I think it is. As it’s all that they do that’s what I had been using for a couple of years in my 2 sav’s and seems to run fine no issues.
Just got a new buggy and thought I would maybe look into the fuels a bit more...
I know they say cheaper fuel does this cheaper fuel does that. Why? Because they presume it does because it’s cheap?
Yes I know generally you get what you pay for but the likes of the bigger brands your just paying for the advertising and and the people sponsored to use it.
I think model technics is mostly aviation stuff but just wondered if anyone else had experience with it without just presuming it’s going to mess the engine up??

basically what you are paying for is better oil blends in the better brands, cheaper brands tend to use more castor oil where as higher end fuel uses synthetic oils. Personally I run Byrons Race Gen 2. I Usually get their 20% and it’s treated my cars very well over the years, it’s very safe to a little lean because it has certain lube properties that won’t burn off like castor oil and it’s very easy to tune, and it doesn’t have harsh fumes.
I’ve ran all kinds of different fuels over the years and nothing in my personal opinion compares to Byrons. Not by a long shot

basically what you are paying for is better oil blends in the better brands, cheaper brands tend to use more castor oil where as higher end fuel uses synthetic oils. Personally I run Byrons Race Gen 2. I Usually get their 20% and it’s treated my cars very well over the years, it’s very safe to a little lean because it has certain lube properties that won’t burn off like castor oil and it’s very easy to tune, and it doesn’t have harsh fumes.
I’ve ran all kinds of different fuels over the years and nothing in my personal opinion compares to Byrons. Not by a long shot
Okay that’s good to know ??Yes I’ve seen a few others say on forums and YouTube that the Byron fuel is good and that they use it. I’ve been running a 25% but probably doesn’t make much of a difference between the 20, although I think Byron do a 25% also

I’ve just looked on the model technics site and looks like the fuel I’m using is synthetic e “Dynaglo contains 8% E.D.L. (synthetic oil) and 2% castor oil (to fine-tune combustion characteristics) plus nitromethane up to 25%. Dynaglo, the first universally successful synthetic fuel”

I also run the Byron’s 20% for the simple fact I have read they use Klotz syn oil and that’s all I used in my 2 smoker dirt bikes and never had cylinder scaring rings would wear out and lose compression before scaring would occur but take all kinds of opinions to make the world go around lol....

I also run the Byron’s 20% for the simple fact I have read they use Klotz syn oil and that’s all I used in my 2 smoker dirt bikes and never had cylinder scaring rings would wear out and lose compression before scaring would occur but take all kinds of opinions to make the world go around lol....
Yeah seems to be a good popular fuel then by the looks of it. Ah your run dirt bikes too. Same! I’m guessing your from the US? Here in the UK we haven’t been able to go out on them for what seems like a age now Because of the virus? the season will be over before it has started ha!

All I know is that all 3 of my nitro RC cars sat for 2 years. My brother’s 2 nitros sat for the same exact time. Same two years. Neither of us had time the past two years. I use Byrons, he uses VP Fuels.
Both of his engines were locked up and took several hours of heating and soaking in MarvelvMystery Oil before they freed up and started running. Mine fired right up once they were primed. The only difference in our engines are the fuel we use, and one of his rigs has an OS Engine, we both use the same after run oil

Yeah seems to be a good popular fuel then by the looks of it. Ah your run dirt bikes too. Same! I’m guessing your from the US? Here in the UK we haven’t been able to go out on them for what seems like a age now Because of the virus? the season will be over before it has started ha!
Yea I am in US tbh that’s what needs to be done here people are not taking the virus seriously but hopefully you will be able to get out and rip up the trails a lil soon stay safe and healthy sir!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back