NickMind Savage 25 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmind

Hey all,

I'm as of last week I am almost done with my savy rebuild. It's an Savage SS that has been clean from its purple deamons. (Death to Purple). Along this the cleansing, a few hop ups were added. Here is the list:

GH Blue Steering BellCrank w/ Bearings
GPM Blue Engine Plate
GPM Blue Arm Lock plates
GPM Blue RollBar
HPI Aluminium Diff Cups w/ new 4 gear diffs (added some bling, look below)
BEST CVD's for both front, rear, and center
Newer Steering Servo Hitec 5945MG (Have HS-5955TG on its way)
Lunsford Titanium turnbuckles
HotBodies Aluminium Shocks with Blue HPI Springs.

Polished up the out drives and Diff cup.
SavDiffOutdrive01.jpg
SavDiffOutdrive02.jpg

SavDiffOutdrive03.jpg

SavDiffCup02.jpg

SavDiff01.jpg

SavDiffIn02.jpg
SavDiffIn01.jpg

SavDiffIn05.jpg
SavDiffIn03.jpg

SavDiffIn05.jpg
SavDiffIn06.jpg

That's right
SavDiffIn07.jpg

No more purple. Here was my process for the Lower BulkHead. Started by useing a can on easyoff.
SavLowBulkhaed01.jpg

And the lower plate.
SavLowBulkhaed02.jpg

I got this.
SavLowBulkhaed03.jpg

After that I started using some "600 grit" sandpaper to remove the rest of the white. And got here.
SavLowBulkhaed04.jpg

Then I used 2500 grit sandpaper, and the dermal with some polishing to get here.
SavLowBulkhaed05.jpg
SavLowBulkhaed06-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I hit enter to soon. Here is some more work.

SavDiffIn08.jpg
SavDiffIn09.jpg

SavDiffIn012RearEnd.jpg

SavDiffIn010.jpg
SavDiffIn011.jpg

SavDiffIn013.jpg

Before shoots of the front End.
SavFront01.jpg
SavFront02.jpg

SavFront03.jpg
SavFront04.jpg

After Shoots of the Front End
SavFront08.jpg
SavFront09.jpg

SavFront12.jpg

I had to mod the screws in the GH BellCrank.
SavFront06.jpg
SavFront05.jpg

SavFront07.jpg

Here is the center
SavCenter01.jpg
SavCenter03.jpg

SavCenter02.jpg
SavCenter04.jpg

Close to the finish line.
SavBuild01.jpg

SavBuild02.jpg

SavBuild03.jpg

SavBuild04.jpg

SavBuild06.jpg

SavBuild07.jpg

OFNA Throttle Linkage

SavBuild05.jpg

Some finished pics with the wheels and body are to come...

skip the 600 go straight to 1000 other than on the tooling marks and from the 1000 Mothers and a rag. 2500 is a waste of time. No dremil it adds swirls
Mirror results every time.

That mill plate is not clear but is the running joke. Its against a mirror for the QC shot. But de-ano weekens parts just FYI this one lasted two weeks b4 cracking. They need the hard facing it provides
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/IMG_0362.jpg

Your not going to upgrade to X cases?

What was up with the GH bolt?
Mine have some slop now as well :(.... 3 gals old

Last ? what pipe is that it looks bloated.

very nice, I also got rid of the purple, and I'm aiming for an all silver truck, one day ill get there. again looks amazing. rep.

nice job nick

should go with an x style radio box

I just did, its a little better. more room inside and easy access

skip the 600 go straight to 1000 other than on the tooling marks and from the 1000 Mothers and a rag. 2500 is a waste of time. No dremil it adds swirls
Mirror results every time.

That mill plate is not clear but is the running joke. Its against a mirror for the QC shot. But de-ano weekens parts just FYI this one lasted two weeks b4 cracking. They need the hard facing it provides
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/IMG_0362.jpg

Your not going to upgrade to X cases?

What was up with the GH bolt?
Mine have some slop now as well :(.... 3 gals old

Last ? what pipe is that it looks bloated.

I would have to disagree with this, my process in cleaner and way faster then I'm picturing the process you are refering to. I'm using the 600 grit to remove the white off the plate that the easyoff did not get. Then I'm using the 2500 to get the mirror affect. Then I use the dermal to fix the spots that the 2500 grit did not get.

nice job nick

should go with an x style radio box

I just did, its a little better. more room inside and easy access

Good Idea, I'm going to ebay as we speak. Plus I have a new steering servo I need to install. So I might have to do them together.

I would have to disagree with this, my process in cleaner and way faster then I'm picturing the process you are refering to. I'm using the 600 grit to remove the white off the plate that the easyoff did not get. Then I'm using the 2500 to get the mirror affect. Then I use the dermal to fix the spots that the 2500 grit did not get.
Cool Ive yet to find a polishing tip for the dremal that does not leave a mark on the finish. How long does that method take? After easy off mine is 8-10 mis per a piece faster on flats then in threads. I use the 1000 because the chemicals in the mothers don't need it finner than that to take it to a mirror finish. But if you hit it with 600 first those marks must get sanded out. Hit the pieces you have done with the mothers! You will be stunned if you don't use a dremil that is.... it will make it worse. Just a soft rag and don't push down!!! It does the work for you. Pushing will leave marks too.:resp: you will be able to place it on a mirror and not see any difference Between the two!

Members online

No members online now.
Back