Newbie needs gearing help for Jumbo Kongs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.6 BigBlock

What parts do I need to get my gear ratio back to stock or even a bit lower, with my new jumbo kongs ? I don't even know where to start. My truck is a Savage 4.6 RTR. Thanks !

The Kong's look cool but IMO there to big and can cause unwanted stress on your diffs, tranny, and clutch, slipperclutch,dogbones, ect ect

But too anweser your ?

15 tooth clutch bell w/ a 52 tooth spur gear. Is what you what need

Stock for a 4.6 (don't quote me on this) b/c I don't have a 4.6
But I think it's 47/17

The review X 4.6 came with the 47/17 gearing which had the red body

I think they have two different gearings depending if you get the red or blue body, not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock Gears

My stock K 4.6 is a kit version but it does have the 47/17 stock gears.Hope this helps.Jesters rigt though you probably want the 52/15 s with that much rubber.Good luck.

I have the 4.6 X RTR with the blue body and it came with 47/17 gears. Not sure about the red body.

Stock for a 4.6 (don't quote me on this) b/c I don't have a 4.6
But I think it's 47/17

You would be correct SJ.

The 17 is actually pretty crummy because you really can't use it well with anything other than the 47t.

I am using a 15/52t and I can wheelie with the Goliath tires.

ive seen before on the forum were theres a crossguide to reverence the bells and the spur gears ill try to find it . I'm running now a 17/49and i like it
the red 4.6 is 17/47 stock

ive seen before on the forum were theres a crossguide to reverence the bells and the spur gears ill try to find it . I'm running now a 17/49and i like it
the red 4.6 is 17/47 stock

I have this I can post once I get home if you cannot find it.

Here it is:

gearing1.jpg

Thank you guys alot for all your help, I have already learned a bunch here!
Also, just stuck my Jumbo Kongs on last night and raised my body up higher. The thing is a beast now !

One more question. Are my stock clutch bell and spur gear plastic or metal on a Savage X ?

Also, just stuck my Jumbo Kongs on last night and raised my body up higher. The thing is a beast now !

One more question. Are my stock clutch bell and spur gear plastic or metal on a Savage X ?

Pics?

Metal (not hardened) clutchbell and plastic spur on RTR and metal on SS.

Latest posts

Members online

Back