new use for tank gaurd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

I found new use for old tank gaurd, my hpi 4.6 is comeing alive now needed another wheelie bar that worked. check gallery for more pics. I'm going to fine tune the wheelie bar today. I did test it it works great, no wheelie stands like my other one but, it keeps the front end about 7 to 8 inchs off ground during accleration.
savaFW_022.jpg

Purdy cool vid, Crash,
I just resently busted my integy piece a sh!t tank guard... Now I'll have a use for the remains of it.
Cool wheelie setup.
Crash. The engine sounds great. Just keep it on the rich side with that low gearing your runn'in, bro.

Long stretches and drag-type runs are the hardest for an off-road engine. So taller gears and richer fuel settings are the thing on tarmac driving.
I know its fun, though.

The thing with the gearing is you want to keep a load against the engine. thats hard to do on flat pavement and a 15/52 combo.
I only say this because of the last two mills you had went out real early in their life.

Definately want a desent smoke trail, my friend.

I hope you didn't mind the suggestions. My k4.6 ate its own piston at 4 gals because the of drag racing and tuning for proformance.
At least, thats my best guess.

You probably already know this stuff.
=========================== I'm just lookin out for you, bro.============================

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks doobee,
Ill take your suggestions about RC anytime. Thanks for compliment on video, one man camera shoots arnt great but, I was showing the power of the axial and how good that wheelie bar works, if you want to do wheelie stands that is.
The engine gaurd I posted here came on my first savage. Its not an integy.
I never use it so I made it into a wheeelie bar for my other truck.
Thanks for tuneing advise , what s a good temp when I'm runnning it on pavement full tilt for long runs?

thanks Benny. I have my first savage which was also a 21 like yours. Your truck can be as bad a$$ as you can offord bro.

thatks crash I'm useing every bit of spare money i get is going into this truck I'm borring (robbed) the high proformance airfilter of the the o.s engine that i have until a get an hpi airfilter and i finally got new extra stiff springs for my savage and there way better than the stock springs and ive got 4 bevel gear diffs on the way and then i cant decide between the sts D30M or the axiel .32 but when I'm done with my savage ill be rolling with the big dogs like u guys

Well..Crash, Thats a little hard to say.For one, never owned your engine.

I would say though, when in doubt, keep it well under 250 and tune on the rich side of things with a average temp of about 220-225 degrees.

But your mill maybe different.
I would get the factory opinion, along with some owner feedback of that mill who have had a long life out of the engine.

I would definately gear up to a 17 /47 or 18/47. With that mill, you will still probably pop wheelies anyway.
You'll see and feel difference in the snap of the throttle deminish abit, but thats what you want to do if your going for engine protection.

Make sure you have good air flow through the windshield, also.

Frankly speaking, there's really no safety from the tarmac when in long WOT runs.

The engine is not built for that.
============== It's more suited to do short grunt sprints on rough terrain.===============

thanks doobeewha. It seems to stay around that 245 250 range, with this set up.

Hey, bro.
When I say keep it under 250, that means don't let it get hotter that.
If you tune for 225 degrees, you'll have a safety margin to work with.

SJ, mega, must mave a good idea on this. you can also ask Defiant Spaz.

And don't forget to find out more from other owner's opinions.

=============Good Luck, my friend.=================

Purdy cool vid, Crash,
I just resently busted my integy piece a sh!t tank guard... Now I'll have a use for thr remains of it.
Cool wheelie setup.
Crash. The engine sounds great. Just keep it on the rich side with that low gearing your runn'in, bro.

Long stretches and drag-type runs are the hardest for an off-road engine. So taller gears and richer fuel settings are the thing on tarmac driving.
I know its fun, though.

The thing with the gearing is you want to keep a load against the engine. thats hard to do on flat pavement and a 15/52 combo.
I only say this because of the last two mills you had went out real early in their life.

Definately want a desent smoke trail, my friend.

I hope you didn't mind the suggestions, my friend. My k4.6 ate its own piston at 4 gals because of drag racing and tuning for proformance is my best guess.

You probably already know this stuff. I'm just lookin out for you, bro.

All I can say doob is your typing is getting allot better to read.

Now to work on mine !!!:passgas:

way to hi jack a thread. what the heck.
did you guys notice the wheelie bar?
of course I'm kidding.....................................

I found new use for old tank gaurd, my hpi 4.6 is comeing alive now needed another wheelie bar that worked. check gallery for more pics. I'm going to fine tune the wheelie bar today. I did test it it works great, no wheelie stands like my other one but, it keeps the front end about 7 to 8 inchs off ground during accleration.
savaFW_022.jpg
My appologies, crash! I know the feeling.

Way cool wheelie bar, bro.
So who won the LONGEST wheelie contest you guys were talk'in about?

I was thinking on one myself but after see my buds rig hit the pave everytime he lands a jump, I wasn't sure weather it was for me or not.

=========================They do provide some protection from backflips.=============================

blazer, tards?
that can be misconstrued as a politically incorrect statement.

doobee,
After some practice with out the wheelie bar, I could not get consistant.
I put the wheelie bar back on now. Ok I quit my own contest idea. lol
I say keep the bars on and have a contest, this I have a chance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8QUaIjGBU

Ok, bro. Fair enough. lol.

And that's RIGHT, blazer!!! Name calling doesn't reflect a mature attititude, BUTTHEAD!!!....lol

just kidding...lol

Ok, bro. Fair enough. lol.

And that's RIGHT, brazer!!! Name calling doesn't reflect a mature attititude, BUTTHEAD!!!....lol

just kidding...lol

:whipit: It could have been much worse.....my buds got on the puter last nite after we got home from putting a dent on the bars liquor supply....:bigsmilie:

are you saying they hyjacked your keyboard?
you better clear the search history too then..............LOL

you better still clear the search history than...............LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back