New Octane Shell (not exciting but thought I would share!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulnewman

Not had a chance to use the Octane since it ate it's engine and I built a new one but thought I would treat it to a new shell. This is made of fibreglass so will not break or split at the first sign of a rollover which makes the cost of just over £10 more than a standard HPI shell well worth it!!

Looking forward to getting it as dirty as possible before the Octane disgraces itself once again ;)IMG_3650.JPG IMG_3651.JPG IMG_3653.JPG

Almost forgot to ask a very important question:

Now I have a new shell should I keep the slipper clutch fully tightened or should I back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn based on HPI's recommendation?? :D:D:D

Almost forgot to ask a very important question:

Now I have a new shell should I keep the slipper clutch fully tightened or should I back it off 1/4 to 1/2 turn based on HPI's recommendation?? :D:D:D

If you back that nut off you will incur both the wrath and jeers of the forum.

Say it loud and proud, LOCK THAT SLIPPER DOWN!

Thought I would check that the advice hasn't changed since the last 20 people asked..........a lot can happen in a week!

I am out and about in Helsinki at the moment so will put in some eBay details when I can get on my eBay account. He is UK based but I am sure will ship globally and makes shells for all Savage models.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HANDMADE-...hash=item25b70793e4:m:mgMbM5ER5GTDnX1MafoCpmQ

This is an eBay link to the Octane shell. The truck in the pictures on the site is mine and the shell was the first one he made in this style for the Octane (he made the shell at my request after I got the Beetle shell) and was based on detailed photos and measurements I sent. If you look at the other items he sells you will see he makes shells for every version of Savage and as the price is not much more than the standard shell it is great value for money. If you are interested, drop him a line and he will get back to you.

Not had a chance to use the Octane since it ate it's engine and I built a new one but thought I would treat it to a new shell. This is made of fibreglass so will not break or split at the first sign of a rollover which makes the cost of just over £10 more than a standard HPI shell well worth it!!

Looking forward to getting it as dirty as possible before the Octane disgraces itself once again ;)View attachment 1586 View attachment 1587 View attachment 1589
Nice but look after it after 26 years of making these Allen has now stopped.

Latest posts

Members online

Back