New Idea For Custom Lower A arm. Incorporate Truggy Knuckles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

I would like to try and adapt an existing steering assembly most likely from a truggy onto the savage... i know it has been done in the past by a few people, but i do not like using, most likely weaker truggy lower arms on a savage. I was going to get something made up in another material...

The main areas i am looking at are the lower A arm length, width, strength ( although it wont be fitted directly to a savage, i don't care if the lower arms are not similar to the savage at all. As whole new arms would have to be made up. One end with the savage setup and the upright end of a truggy style... If you follow me...

Need to look closely at the truggy Alloy Hubs and Uprights and the manner they connect to the lower Arms. (maximum throw, strength, do they utilise the same 18x16x5? so they can accept the flux SHD Axle? It does not matter if the sock axle is too short or too long... i would think about getting a custom one made up if really necessary... or just use an XL SHD Axle and shim till it fits snuggly.

i would use the stock steering assembly...
i am not worried about upper arms as the stock savage ones would most likely work with any uprights as they are all pretty universal...

so why am i looking to do this?

...Because after looking and comparing the kuckle and uprights from a truggy and the savage i have noticed that, the entire steering assembly on say a Hyper St Pro, works so smoothly, with seeming-less strength and accuracy built into it offering more steering throw than a savage that even has the suspension conversion kit installed!

If a decent truggy setup could be applied and be specific for the savage (only a custom a arm would have to be made utilising the stock mounting style and position) then having a better hub design may benefit the savage and its steering...

So i need your ideas and experience as to what you believe is the best a arm and hub setup making sure that they accept the SHD Axle and offer maximum steering throw with a smooth movement...

I was very impressed with the hyper st pro, but i haven't seen to many truggy setups... so please help me out.

Some pics of the hyper st...

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

THANKS
and your comments, criticism and experience is welcomed!

Josh

Latest posts

Members online

Back