New Flux and some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

I got a new ESC :rock: it should be here next week sometime. I have fitted the new flux 45t spur, RRP 14t pinion and slipper pad. I wish HPI make bigger spur gears because it's going to be a PITA to set the mesh. I had to notch the motor plate mount to get enough adjustment on the mount for a good mesh. Now the outside screws are under the TVP, so I'm going to have to set the mesh using the other screws, then remove the motor plate with the motor attached, tighten the last two screws then refit it. Here a few shot of the progress.
DSCF0931.jpg

The heat of frying the slipper stuffed the locknut, so I replaced it with nice new shiny one. :bling:
DSCF0946.jpg

DOH!!
DSCF0964.jpg

Thanks to a round ba$tard. :lmao3:
DSCF0971.jpg

DSCF0976.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

DSCF0961.jpg

That a bit better.
DSCF0979.jpg

There a little worse for wear, or should that be ignorance. :retarded::bigsmilie: I'm going to shorten the motor wires about 50mm for a neater fit, instead of having to fold them under the body mount.

I also got a question, the pinion doesn't quite come to the end of the motor shaft, is that OK. Or should I file a little more flat onto the shaft, so I can move the pinion back making it level? Thanks.

nice work. let us know how it works out. funny how the swear filter wont let you say the name of your file, lol

As long as the shaft isn't more than one or two mm deep inside the gear, you should be fine. Lots of guys are using the Novak pinion with no problems just like that.

And HPI does make a 52T steel spur, but you'd have to use a larger pinion(16T) to get the gearing right, so you might not be able to fit that ratio in with a 52T...

Will do Freddy. Yeah, I had to do the file gag, couldn't help meself. :istupid:

I thought about get Robinson's 48t steel spur, but I wasn't sure if the spur gears were interchangeable between nitro and electric, so I got the flux 45t, probably should have got the 48t, but oh well. If I get sick of having to rip the motor & trans out every time I try a different pinion, I'll get the bigger spur. I've really got 15t and 16t pinions. Thanks Ascender.

Also cut my wheel balancer base just need to get a longer shaft.
DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

The TCS chassis are very trick! We ordered 2 of them and are waiting to install them. Hopefully no more bent TVP's!!!!

Bryan

lol, Bryan. Unless you're doing that World Finals Long Jump as a regular thing, I don't think you have to worry about bending the TCS stuff. It'll tear the screws out of the plastic long before it'll bend.

Well my new ESC finally arrived today, I got the new TCS TVP's last week, and hopefully I'll get the carbon fibre wing mount and RX plates in the next couple of weeks, so I can get my beast back together.
DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

I'm been working on a new wheelie bar. It will mount to the skid plate and wing mount. Also moving the ESC up front.
DSCF1022.jpg

Man just checked out this post dude..That is one sick a$$ flux you have there dude..

First carbon parts

Got my Carbon Fibre wing mount & customised PRC125 (250cc tank plate) yesterday thanks J.
I can't use the outer IRC shock brace on the back now with the wing. Anyone know if just using washer to hold the shocks on the standoffs will cause me problems?
DSCF1098.jpg

Just gonna use an old beat up wing for now.
DSCF1107.jpg

I had drill a hole in my TCS tvp,s to mount the rear support of the RX plate. I also countersunk the servo mount holes so I could move the ESC up front and secure it with a BL Revo mount. Turn out pretty sweet I think. Upgraded to an Associated XP DS1015 servo too.
d03abed1.jpg

ed79070a.jpg

e16ea8dd.jpg

c4b53bfa.jpg

01fab496.jpg

:cool:
7c8fb48b.jpg

d54735b9.jpg

Awesome truck mate!! Looks great!

Iv got a PRC wing plate on its way too and using LST shocks w/I-RC LST kit, iv moved the whole rear shock assembly to the front of the tower/arm, leaving the whole rear of the tower free for the wing plate/stay.

001-14.jpg
[/IMG]

003-15.jpg
[/IMG]

No worries mate, i was trying to figure out how i was gonna work it with the I-RC kit and PRC wing plate, id seen others on here with the shocks on the front so i thought thats probably the best option.

Yeah, I've seen them too, just wasn't thinking. I did a quick mock up it it should easierly clear the tvp. Thanks for reminding me.
DSCF1110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice truck I'm trying to sell my nitro savage to go to eletric either a e savage or a e max less breakige i think nitros stall you have to chace them battary what can go wrong other than dead battarys

nice truck I'm trying to sell my nitro savage to go to eletric either a e savage or a e max less breakige i think nitros stall you have to chace them battary what can go wrong other than dead battarys

I would say they are simliar with adavantage nitro actually. The drive train suffers from the power of bl

although the E Savage you mentioned is not bl

the new E Maxx is bl

nice truck I'm trying to sell my nitro savage to go to electric either a e savage or a e max less breakage i think nitros stall you have to chace them battery what can go wrong other than dead battery's

yea if you drive a Flux to its full potential you will be buying parts every other run. E savage I don't see as entertaining

should i invest in better springs, the stock one's seem a little soft?

how does the beast handle with the Big Joe's? do the inner rings rub against anything up front? They did on my Summit but not to bad? Or do you need to get the xl axles?

how does the beast handle with the Big Joe's? do the inner rings rub against anything up front? They did on my Summit but not to bad? Or do you need to get the xl axles?

It was very stable with the joe's, but not gearing down with that set up did fry the ESC. On mine I trimmed the upright and carriers for more steering and used XL axles, and I think(it been that long since I set it up) I had to back off the epa just a little to stop the ring rubbing.

id adjust the shock location holes.your lower arms are sqating you whant the lower arms as stright as possible for better handeling

Latest posts

Members online

Back