New Flux and some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what the FLUX

is goin' on around here!
Here she is
DSCF0520.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg

Aussie dollar sux.

I got a couple of hop-ups as well, GPM LST shocks and IRC conversion
DSCF0491.jpg

x-parts.jpg

as well as XL axles and Integy rear carriers. Yes I know Integy, we'll see.
lhpic6249.jpg

lintc7768.jpg

I fitted the carriers and axles.
DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

I'm not to impressed with the stock hex. Is there a 17mm conversion for the XL? One that doesn't fall apart every time you take the wheel off and has 17mm nuts.

With the IRC conversion kit I am trying to keep it as low as possible, so I'm not going to use the inner mounting points on the arms,
(The spring retainers are touching the braket on the arms, so I'll need to shave a little off the ends of the brackets and it should be fine)
DSCF0534.jpg

or the outer points on the towers. But I need 20mm longer screws.
DSCF0540.jpg

Going with the Axial beadlocks and Big Joe's. 4 of the stock tyres are the same width as 3 of the joe's, damn their wide.
DSCF0537.jpg

Now to my questions. I've never had electric RC's so I know absolutely FA.
The leads from the motor, can I just unplug them from ESC? I'd like to run the battery leads under them to make it tidier
DSCF0532.jpg

Are PolyQuest LiPo's a good quality battery? I'm think of getting some of there 6000mah packs. Don't know wether to go 2S or 3S though.
If I go with the 3S is it possible to program the ESC so it's not a drivetrain destroying beast, and have 2S performance with longer run times.
I going to use my 3PM 2.4 TX, do I program the ESC same way with 3PM RX, the same as I would with the HPI RX?

I had some other stuff I wanted to know about, but can't think of it right now so I'll post more questions when I think of them.
Thanks guys.

A few more pix.
DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

That's one wicked setup. IRC has never been known for cutting flimzy parts. His parts are stout. Having 3 savages is enough for me but hell that Flux has me with the I wannas. Have fun with it. Let us know whats good and what sux.

The flux is pretty fun and wayy over powered. You will love the thing and if you do go with the 3S packs tune it down with the castle link. Its insane pain and simple.

One thing I don't understand is those losi shocks they look redick to me. Why do people switch to them? The stock shocks are fine. It's the drivetrain that needs upgrading IMHO.

Thanks guys. Well so far I think the the stock hex set-up sux, always falls a part.
I like the look of the beefy LST's, although the red is pretty bad, but that will change. I might change back if these can't handle being exposed out front.

can someone with rich parents talk them into adopting me please... nice truck & upgrade parts, good luck with it, I'm sure you'll love playin it.

Got another question. Manual states M3x15mm screws for the diff cups, but will 16mm fit?

I ordered some hexcrews to replace all the phillips head, and used the exploded view to get the quatities, and only realized today I forgot the diff cup screws, so I'm hoping 16mm will be ok.

Also ordered a pair of Polyquest 3s 6000xp's, Xtreme Racing straps, RRP 20t pinion and a spare drive gear. Hopefully they all get here before next weekend and I can give it it's first kanning then. :D

I modified the carriers I took off
DSCF0558.jpg

and add cooling holes to the body.
DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

Hexheads

The Hexcrews arrived today so I can start doing some rebuilding, but I'm still waiting for shims and some other stuff so I can't complete it yet, unfortunately.
Hexheads
DSCF0591.jpg

Will the threads of the screws be a problem in the carriers?
DSCF0595.jpg

The bulks, awaiting the shims
DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0631.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

The leaking was from the grease that they cake the outside of the diffs with. Why do hpi do that? I wont be redoing it. Only the rear diff needs side to side shimming may need one or two shims on both pinions though.
DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

Tranny needs shimming
DSCF0619.jpg

I'll need to shim behind the slipper too.
DSCF0647.jpg

Filed down the corners of the arm mounts to clear the spring retainers
DSCF0603-1.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

Trimmed carriers
DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

Update she back together.
DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0699.jpg

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0718.jpg

DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0788.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

I got 2 of the short versions of the Proline Baja Bug, they are apparently savage size bodies and they're too short. :duh:
It needs the long version and the high body mount on the rear to mount at the top of the rear window, instead of mounting it below the wing mounts like I did with this body. That way you get to keep the engine on the body. It still look half decent I think.
DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg

I hear ya Badass. It's 19" wide and only 20" long. I'm thinking of going desert boy, limited body chooses is the only problem.

Thanks guys.

I got the LiPo plugs done at RC Garage in Bayswater, Vic. Great guys/store. I stuffed 2 plugs practicing and it was cheaper a pay them to fit'em then to buy more plugs. :lmao3: But I'll keep practicing.
While I was there I got myself a new charger a Swallow EQ. Has an in built balancer old one doesn't.
DSCF0792.jpg

So she's all charged up and ready to rock. Sunset beat the charger.
DSCF0805.jpg

I'm trying out an Outerwears pre-filter over the ESC fan. I'll do a better job of fitting it after I had some fun. It should just fit tightly over the base.
DSCF0795.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

When I trimmed the carriers, I only took off a little because I wasn't sure how they'd hold up to hard bashing. I took the same amount from both sides of the uprights, but I've got more turn in (113%/ \ before binding) then out (93%\ /) on both sides, so I've set the EPA to the lesser 93%. Am I missing somethings? How much can I safely take off the uprights and still bash hard? Any aluminium carriers worth buying for bashing? Thanks.

Nice packs!!! Your the only other person ive seen with them. Most people don't buy them because according to the spces they won fit in the stock battery boxes. But they do, perfectly! I got 4 of them and I'm pretty happy.

It dried out today so I finally got to get my first run. All was going well she was flying for about 10 mins then it started slowing down and finally stopped, motor was warm not hot. I had a look and pinion and spur were still turning but not the tail-shafts. I didn't bring all my tools so that was it for today. The bead-locks held up fine for the time I got to run, I've taped the Big Joe's so there was only a very small amount of ballooning, but they need balancing.

DSCF0814.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0817.jpg

At first I thought the predictions had come true and I'd slipped the trans, but on closer inspection at home the slipper was just spinning, So I've tighten that and I'll give her another go tomorrow, if it's not wet out.

DSCF0822.jpg

loose
DSCF0820.jpg

tighten
DSCF0824.jpg

While I had the tvp off I fitted the pre-filter completely over the base.
DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

Nice packs!!! Your the only other person ive seen with them. Most people don't buy them because according to the spces they won fit in the stock battery boxes. But they do, perfectly! I got 4 of them and I'm pretty happy.

Yeah, I wasn't sure they'd fit, but after reading your thread I when ahead and got them, thanks man. I've left the foam in the boxes so they don't fit perfect in mine. I've taken out the hinge pins for easier battery installation so it's not a problem.

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Esc Fire

:dmt:The ESC burst into flames after only 2-3 minutes running on sunday. :cussing:

The pre-filter wasn't such a good idea.
DSCF0863.jpg

DSCF0864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got around to paint the Baja body. It took a couple of attempts to get the checkers to fit/look right. There's a little bleeding on the body line but other then that I think it turned out pretty damn good. :loveford:
DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0888.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0907.jpg

DSCF0900.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

I've got the new Flux 45t spur, RRP pinions 14/15/16t and slipper pads. I still don't know about the ESC, it has been a nightmare. I contacted HPI in the US, and about ten days later got a reply telling me I'll have to contact HPI Japan. I didn't get any reply from them after three e-mails and a few weeks. So I e-mail the store in Australia were I brought it and they said they'd return it to HPI for me. It's now been 3 1/2 weeks and still no joy. So I decided it would been easier to just buy a new one, but now Tower has none in stock until late July :duh: and that will probably end up been mid August. FFFFAAARRRKKK :istupid:

ouch bro,that hurts. your lid came out killer btw.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back