New FLM Parts on Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Great! I've had the FLM Chassis for a while now and I love it. I still get Wheelies out of mine, but I also upgraded to the Axial .32.

BTW, which Pro-Line body did you order? The one for the Savage will not fit with the Extended Chassis. I had to order the one for the LST to make it fit.

Wow that truck looks GOOD!! I might have to do some shopping soon lol

Is the motor plate thicker? lighter? and will that plate work on stock tvp's?

That's a good question. My guess is it would work on the stock chassis but don't quote me on that. That is what made me finally put my FLM chassis on my savage, busted motor plate. The motor plate comes with the standard length lcg plates but it doesn't come with the extended for some reason.

And yes it is thicker and no it would be heavier.

I dunno if it will fit on stock?
It is thicker and I think it is actually lighter
Just email FLM and ask, I did and got a reply back the next day

for the first 8 litres I was using 16% and for the last 2 litres I have been using 20%

New Pics:

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

looks good. i love the back view and the front view AND the side view Damn it i like all the views.lol by the way you can run a savage with 4 shocks so you could take the ones wothout the springs of and keep them safe? just an idea. what shell have you got for the beast?
thanks
4x4

I've got a Proline Crowd Pleazer on order and a New Era wing mount with wing on the way..
If all goes well everything should be ready for the weekend
The reason I kept the other 4 shocks on was too look cool lol
Also, I was thinking it would give it a bit more stability than just 4 with springs, take the pressure of them...

good point put some more pics up when you get the stuff!!!! it should look realy good!
4x4

Just got the New Era Wing Mount and Thunder Tiger Wing in today!!

New Pics:

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

I'll put up some more pics when I get the new body in!!

This is turning into a really nice truck. Looking good shortay. Just remember to pull that wing off when bashing. If you bash like we do one bad landing and the mount will be useless.

I did the same thing with my shocks, works great.

I think i might get rid of the wheely bar, don't really need it anymore since I have pretty much eliminated wheelies altogether (Intentionally)

Just got the New Era Wing Mount and Thunder Tiger Wing in today!!

New Pics:

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

I'll put up some more pics when I get the new body in!!

ya gotta love new era models!! i've dealt with them several times and its always been a good experience just a heads up to anyone thinking about ordering from them!!

Spreading the damping forces over twice as many shafts should help prevent bent shafts too. Just run lighter oil then you would for the for only 4 shocks.

Good point, I only had 40 weight at the time and just needed to lower my ride some. 8 springs as opposed to 4 will help the life of your shock shafts, good thought.

Truck is looking AWESOME!!!
I am gonna have to stop reading this thread...........makes me wanna break out the credit card and do some ordering. Why does it have to be so close to christmas?

lol...Sorry bout that!!
But I'm gunna keep posting more pics, forcing you to buy more things :resp:

Latest posts

Members online

Back