"Neighborhood" Savage XL 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servohead

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg so for a few years and starting with a small investment of under $100, I've started a "neighborhood truck" tradition.
My thought is that I have 3 boys, each of my neighbors have 3 boys totalling 9 Boys all under 14 years of age. I spent my adolescence building and tuning/modifying my HPI Super Nitro RS4 and knowing how much of a blast it is, I wanted to share the knowledge and skill with these boys. If it breaks, they fix it, if it doesn't work right I want them to fault trace it with me so they learn. You know, a lesson in stewardship and technical ability.
First truck was a 2wd brushed traxxas stampede ($40 plus $20 for a radio) sold that truck for a profit and stepped up to a Redcat RS10 for a while, and just a few days ago traded the redcat straight for a XL Savage 5.9 that had a few running issues and was filthy.
The kids are pretty nuts about the Savage, we have only had electric so far so this thing is an attention grabber. Runs perfectly, however still trying to tune the transmission to shift properly... Can't seem to get it to start in first gear but I just tightened the 2nd gear clutch so we will see if that finally makes use of first!

Sounds like a great setup. I admire you for having the patience with all of those kids. In the end though it is likely all worth it because it helps build the comminuty and educates them properly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back