Need some help with an RC18T setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey,

I am looking for a new toy for when my Savage is down and am looking at the Losi 8T or a RC18T brushless setup. I have the 8T ordered already but have till Sunday to cancel it if I would like. Anyways, I need some advice on a setup for a RC18T. I was wondering if a person would be able to put together almost like a shopping cart of things I would need to get the RC18T kit running. This would include, motor, servo, ESC, battery, and charger if I where to go LiPo. I want the RC18T to be stupid fast, don't worry about it being to fast. Thanks for any comments, I am new to the Mini electric seen and any thing would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn Stevenson

Here was the setup I was looking at. Tell me what you think and give me some opinions, it would be appreciated.

Motor and ESC Combo:
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=CCRM252080

or

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=CCRM252068

Servo (I think it's the micro servo's I need, but if not please tell me):

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/10654

Battery's I am still kinda in the dark with, some recommendations would be nice.

Also I need to here some info on these Deans plugs. Are they a must?

Please tell me if I did anything wrong or stupid. I don't need a receiver because I have a spare spektrum one that would be going in.

i have a guide on rcworldfourm for these little buggers that has everything you need to know but i don't know if its ok with you guys to link it

Thanks Dan. Due you mind telling me what battery your running? I think I am going to go Ni-Mh at first because of money. And is it possible to give me a good battery that would give reasonable good wrong times.

Well I went ahead and purchased the RC18T TF kit. Basically all built and I think I know the setup I am going with. Going with a Mamba Competition 6800 combo and a Elite 1500 Ni-Mh and will upgrade to Li-Po if I don't feel it's fast enough.

Here are the final questions I have.

- Does the Mamba Competition 6800 combo come with a Dean connection. If not, how do I go about putting one on correctly.

- Also does this gearing sound ok, 15 pinion gear with 60 spur?

- Am I missing anything, is there anything I am going to want to do before I run it? I am not talking about new turnbuckes or anything like that I will replace those as they brake. But am talking about things to replace so I don't do damage.

- What kinda of run times should I expect on average running? Just trying to find out if I should order multiple battery packs or not.

And I guess that it

well the elites have the punch of a two cell LiPo should get 10mins of runtime

you have to solder on the deans connection i would put male on speed controller and female on batts o the batt don't arc.

i use a 2 cell 1500mah LiPo by apogee it is a good battery and now I'm looking at a maxamps 1500 2 cell LiPo mv for more lol

stock up on diffs parts since brushless

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back