Need some help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hullaboi

I have a savage I just aquired and I put an axial .28 engine in and I can barely climb my 30 degree driveway can anyone help

Attachments

• 20160330_141618.jpg
    20160330_141618.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 8
Can you give us more information on the issue? Is the engine new, or used? What does the engine sound like when you are having issues? How are the temps on the engine? Good smoke coming out the exhaust?

Any information will help.

Good smoke mid to high ish revs unsure of gearing has aluminum diffs fastlane x tended frame front tank mod steel spur still need a bec to take it for good rip used motor with brand new piston sleeve all sealed well starts first turn

Other than that got it second hand so don't know much about it rolls good when pushed so no binding or anything

first thing is to check your slipper, lock the nut down and see if that helps, if not it may have a melted pad which will make it necessary to tear it down to replace.....

A lot of people prefer alloy shoes for a better bite. I haven't had a chance to use them as of yet. They should definitely last longer.

That may be the prob I think the shoes are soaked in fuel gonna try new aluminum ones

That may be the prob I think the shoes are soaked in fuel gonna try new aluminum ones
Make sure you get some heavier springs to go with the alloy shoes. Like a 1mm or the gold Hpi springs. I just installed a set of aluminum shoes, with stock springs they were engaging way too early. Causing it to be really sluggish off the line. Stiffer springs got the revs up a bit before they engaged, made er nice and snappy!

Are aluminum shoes better
When running taller gearing (17/47 +) and a high torque engine, alloy shoes really help get the power to the ground. I used composite shoes for years with older/weaker engines (OS21RG, XTM247...), but when I put in the LRP28 and upped my gearing to 17/47, the shoes just couldn't hold up, especially in grass. Lots of slippage/overheating of the bell. Had the same issue with the same engine on my big block revo using the same 1/8 composite shoes/bell. Now I run alloy shoes on both and they do a lot better.

I'll try the alloy shoes do I need the slipper or can I get rid of it if the slipper is locked down is more than likely the clutch shoes not grabbing under torque

I just looked it's 47/17 cb and spur if that helps are these things just slow in 1st gear it basically gets halfway up my driveway and won't climb anymore prolly shoes right?

Definitely not slow in first. Should be alot of torque there. Definitely sounds like a slippage issue, so the slipper clutch or the clutch shoes are likely worn.

Definitely not slow in first. Should be alot of torque there. Definitely sounds like a slippage issue, so the slipper clutch or the clutch shoes are likely worn.

If the slipper is torqued all the way it wouldn't stop that does it need the slipper ?

If the slipper is torqued all the way it wouldn't stop that does it need the slipper ?

Take the spur gear off and look at the pad on the back side. If it is glazed or torn it's definitely time for a new pad.

20160603_183728.jpg 20160603_183047.jpg So I blew the slipper apart so I'm sure it was not slipping it was pretty ouch glued together actually might have been now need new slipper pad lol here's pox leads me to believe it's the clutch shoes or the tranny maybe

Is it glued to the gear also, if not I think someone before you put the pad on backwards as it is supposed to be glue side to the gear and this will allow the plate to slip upon the pad when the spring,washers and nut are assembled correctly.....

Ya it's pretty stuck to the spur gonna have to soak em in is or something to to get it off do people glue it on both sides maybe to not have slipper function

Ya glue side is on the spur side nut was cranked tight so I'm assuming it's my clutch shoes slipping they got soaked in fuel I tried washing them but gonna get aluminum ones now I gotta find what I'm missing from all the original parts and build another one as I still have stock diff and tranny gears I think I'm missing the sides motor plate and bottom plate

Take your clutch bell off and post up a photo of the shoes.

Worst case, it could be the OWB inside the trans on first gear slipping. I have yet to have one in a savage wear out though. Revo, t-maxx, lst... yes. Savage... never. But, if it's the OWB slipping, it could give you the same result of power not making it to the wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back